Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Virtual Restaurant Tastings

Would you like to join me at a local restaurant, tasting what delicious dishes can be found? You can do that...at least virtually.

In a previous post, while discussing Virtual Wine Tastings, I raised the question of Virtual Restaurant Tastings (VRT). If it can be done for wines, why not restaurants as well? So, I have been brainstorming on the idea and think it can work. So, very shortly, I shall host our first Virtual Restaurant Tasting.

How will it work? During a certain time period, maybe two weeks, a specific restaurant will be chosen for the VRT. You can then go to that restaurant and try their food and drink. Then you can add your comments here, saying what you liked or disliked. When the time period is up, we should have a number of comments that you can read and see how other people thought about the restaurant.

Now, there will be some added incentives for you to participate in the VRT. First, I will try to arrange for discounts at the restaurant during our tasting time period. For example, you might get a 10% discount off your entire bill. Second, I will try to arrange a special prize, such as a gift certificate, for one lucky person who adds their comments here about the restaurant.

The first restaurant for our VRT will be the Dairy Dome in Stoneham. They have already agreed to participate and I am currently working out the final details. The VRT should start soon, probably in the beginning of July. I hope many of you will participate in this new endeavor.

If any restaurant would like to participate in an upcoming Virtual Restaurant Tasting, just email me.

No comments: