Saturday, October 6, 2007

Spanish Vacation: Update

Spain continues to thrill me!

In Rioja wine country, I had the pleasure to visit the winery of Fernando Remirez de Ganuza, one of my favorite producers. It was a great tour and I was able to buy some wines that are not currently available in the U.S.

Then, we went to the Basque region, and visited Talai Berri where we got to try Txacoli, a white wine with a little fizz. Such a wonderfully crisp wine and a new joy. Will have to seek more when I return to the U.S. It is inexpensive and delicious. Perfect with many foods.

As for food, it continues to be fantastic, though we still are eating lots of pork products. Last night's dinner was at Martin Berasategui, a Michelin three-star restaurant. It was outstanding and I even got to meet Chef Martin himself, as well as get a picture.

Now I am in Barcelona and will be visiting 4 wineries, including two in Penedes and two in Priorat. Plus visiting more good restaurants.

The weather was beautiful today and hopefully will remain so for the rest of the week.

Salud!

No comments: