In keeping with the trend towards eating lighter, spending less, and enjoying more choices at the table, Master French Chef Raymond Ost of Sandrine's Bistro in Harvard Square this week debuts a Bistro Menu that offers the same creative French cuisine, but in smaller portions, and at price points that encourage the sharing of multiple items.
Reserve or walk-in for such stand out items as:
* Tartine of Smoked Salmon $10,
* Crab Gateau $12
* Duck confit with salad and potato $20
* Marinated grilled quails in Madeira sauce $21
* Mini-cauldron of Alsatian Choucroute Garni au Reisling $22
* Six other well-priced offerings
Virtually all of the starters at Sandrine’s Bistro are priced under $20, so diners may combine dishes from the regular and Bistro menus.
Add a bacon-onion flammekeuche (Alsatian flatbread pizza) to the meal for $12. Add shrimp brochette over chilled lemony couscous for $14. Add a generous apple-Roquefort-cashew salad in port wine vinaigrette for $14.
8 Holyoke Street