Thursday, August 14, 2008

Braai: South African Restaurant

On my last trip to New York City, I visited Xai Xai, a South African wine bar. Besides wine, they serve an assortment of appetizers. They have decided though to expand their repoirtoire and have now opened Braai, a South African restaurant. It is described as a BBQ Bar and Grill.

Though the website does not yet list their menu, they will carry items such as sosaties, peri-peri, slap chips, venison steaks, ribs and more. They should have several different types of wild game meat available, such as antelope and ostrich. The restaurant is located about 250 feet up the block from Xai Xai.

The idea for this restaurant definitely intrigues me and I may make a stop there on my next trip to New York City.

Braai
329 West 51st (Hell's Kitchen)
NY, NY
Phone: 212-315-3315

No comments: