The Cape Cod Museum of Art’s Sixth Annual Artful Pairing of Wine & Food will be held on Sunday, May 3rd from 4:30-7 p.m. This benefit event will showcase the culinary creations from Cape Cod’s most talented chefs at the museum’s beautiful Dennis location.
CapeCodChefs.com has enlisted some of the Cape’s most prominent chefs who’ll be on hand serving up tasty creations paired with fine wines carefully chosen by Orleans Wine & Spirits. The competition heats up when guests vote for their Favorite Bite, Favorite Wine, and Most Artful Presentation as part of the CCMA’s Artful Wine & Food Awards. The winners will receive an original work of art by Cape Cod artist, Sarah Holl and the Awards will be presented to winners at the close of the evening.
In between all the eating and drinking there will be plenty of time to mingle and peruse the museum’s art collections while listening to live jazz music from Bruce Abbott and Fred Fried. The evening is a rare opportunity to enjoy the very best in Cape Cod’s art and gastronomy before the start of the hectic high season.
Culinary Participants Include:
· Bleu, Chef/Owner Frederic Feufeu
· Blue Moon Bistro, Chef/Owner Peter Hyde
· Cape Sea Grille, Chef/Owner Douglas Ramler
· Chatham Bars Inn, Executive Chef Anthony Cole
· East Dennis Oyster Farm, Owners John & Stephanie Lowell
· Island Merchant, Owners Joe & Beverly Dunn
· Ocean House, Chef Anthony Silvestri
· Red Pheasant, Chef/Owner Bill Atwood
· The Regatta of Cotuit, Chef/Owner Weldon Fizell
· Sepia Chocolate, Owners Robin Pulsifer & C. J. Allen
· Stage Stop Candy, Owners Ray and Donna Hebert
· Wianno Grille, Chef Michael Pirini
Scheduled Art Exhibitions:
· John Grillo, Influences – An overview of John Grillo’s work including his Hofmann-influenced work of the 50s and abstract assemblages and furniture from the 60s. There will also be a selection of Grillo’s African sculpture and the paintings they inspired.
· Mike Mazer, Maritime Paintings of the South Coast – Watercolor paintings. An exhibition sponsored by the Arthur W. McMurtry Memorial Fund of the CCMA Endowment.
· Robert Cipriani, I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For – Abstract paintings.
· Pastel Painters Society of Cape Cod, Signature Members 2009 – A juried exhibition of Cape Cod pastel painters.
· Jennifer Day, Air & Ocean: New Paintings – An exhibition of large-scale monochromatic paints of the sea.
Additional Support for the event is provided by Ring Brothers Marketplace, Harvest Gallery & Wine Bar, Edible Cape Cod Magazine, and Designers’ Touch Florals.
Tickets are limited
$50 for CCMA members; $60 for non-members
Group Tickets are also available: Members: $275 for 6; $450 for 10
Non-Members: $335 for 6; $550 for 10
Reservations can be made by phone at 508-385-4477 x.7 or online. For more information on the event and the participating restaurants and purveyors, please visit the event’s website.
Cape Cod Museum of Art
60 Hope Lane, off Route 6A
Dennis, MA 02638