To celebrate 09/09/09, Asana will offer a special 9-course dinner for $99 per person. Executive Chef Nicolas Boutin has created an intriguing menu for this event, which you can see below.
1) Chilled cauliflower soup with paddlefish caviar
2) Pan fried duck foie gras with poached quince and star anise caramel jus
3) Seared Georges Bank scallops with shaved & poached fennel and blood orange vinaigrette
4) Roasted jumbo quail with celery root puree, baby spinach and truffle foam
5) 12 hour slow cooked kobe short rib with sea urchin, confit shallot and burgundy wine sauce
6) Artisanal Beaufort cow milk cheese with honey crisp apple, fromage blanc and walnut bread
7) Poached figs with vanilla madagascar ice cream
8) Guanaja chocolate molten cake with pomegranate sorbet
9) Petit fours
Everything sounds delicious to me except for that cauliflower soup. I don't like cauliflower in the first place and have had cauliflower soup before and didn't like that either.
Mandarin Oriental, Boston
776 Boylston Street
Phone: (617) 535 8800