The name of Gaja is one of the most recognizable and respected known names in Italian wine. They produce top notch Italian wines which are coveted by people all over the world. You now have the opportunity to taste some of their benchmark wines, as well as to meet Gaia Gaja, the daughter of Angelo Gaja.
First up, on Thursday, November 19, from 5pm-6:30pm, there will be a tasting at the Lower Falls Wine Company. Some of the wines at the tasting will include:
Ca' Marcanda Promis 2006
Ca 'Marcanda Magari 2006
Pieve Santa Restituta Brunello Sugarille 2004
Sito Moresco 2007
Barolo DaGromis 2004
'Sori Tilden' 2005
These wines will all be discounted at the tasting
Then, Kappy's Fine Wine & Spirits on Route 1N, Malden will hold their own Gaja tasting on Friday, November 20, from 5-7pm. They will offer the following wines, all discounted for the tasting.
1) 2008 Gaja Rossj Bass Chardonnay. Regular price $95, special sale price $67.99.
2) 2006 Ca'Marcanda Promis (Merlot/Syrah/Sangiovese). Regular price $53, special sale price $38.99.
3) 2006 Ca'Marcanda Magari (Merlot/CabFranc/CabSauv). Regular price $85, special sale price $59.99.
4) 2007 Gaja Sito Moresco (Nebbiolo/Merlot/CabSauv). Regular price $70, special sale price $51.99.
5) 2006 Gaja Barbaresco. Regular price $240, special sale price $171.99.
6) 2005 Gaja Sperrs (Nebbiolo). Regular price $280, special sale price $199.99.
7) 2004 Pieve Santa Restituta Brunello di Montalcino "Sugarille." Regular price $200, sale price $143.99.
They will also have an additional handful of "cellar selections" of Gaja's Piedmont wines available for sale on that day.