Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Before I begin to enjoy the great bounty of food and wine the day will bring, before my family and friends arrive at my house, I want to reflect on the past year. Much of my thoughts at this time are very similar to those I voiced a year ago.

Though this is a time when many of us reflect upon our lives and consider everything we should be thankful for during the past year, this type of reflection should not be limited to Thanksgiving. We should regularly reflect on our lives and be thankful for what we have. No matter how bad our lives may seem at times, there will always be something of which to be thankful. Seeking the positive may help brighten the darker parts of our lives.

I have much of which to be thankful.

I am very thankful for my family, especially my loving wife, my wonderful mom, my special nephew Thomas and special niece Jessica. I look forward to spending time with them on the holidays, and the rest of my family, and sharing the bounty of the year.

I am thankful for my friends, both old and new. This includes my Thursday night wine buddies, my poker friends, my gaming buddies, my North Shore Winer friends, and the wine/food bloggers I have met online, and off, during the past year. It also includes wine store owners, wine distributors, wine makers, chefs and more who I have met and chatted with this year. My food and wine events this past year have brought me into contact with so many good people.

I am thankful for so much. My good health. My home. My new car. My weekend trips this past year. My two affectionate cats.

I am thankful for my position as a food/wine columnist at the Stoneham Sun. I am thankful for all of my readers, of my blog and newspaper column. It has been so great to meet some of my readers over the past year.

The list could go on and on for all of which I am thankful. But I won't make this much longer of a post. Just make sure that you consider your own lives and be thankful for everything you have. Raise a glass of wine today in thanks. Enjoy your family and friends. Savor life and dine with passion!

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

No comments: