I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I briefly highlight some interesting wine and food items that I have encountered recently.
1) Foxwoods features special Thanksgiving dinner menus at several restaurants, including the following:
$35 per person
· Roasted Natural Turkey
· Whipped Potatoes and Giblet Gravy
· Fresh Cranberry Relish
Cedars Steak House
· Butternut Squash Bisque ($7)
· Roasted Turkey Dinner ($24) or Baked Sole & Stonington Sea Scallops ($35)
· Pumpkin Pie ($8)
David Burke Prime
$65 per person
· Choice of: Caesar Salad, Shrimp Cocktail, Butternut Squash Bisque, Roasted Beet Salad, Stuffed Clams Casino, Lobster and Corn Chowder or Baked Oysters
· Choice of: Local Organic Turkey, Pan Roasted Cod, Braised Short Rib, Petite Filet and Shrimp, 40 Day Dry-Aged Prime Rib, 12oz. Sirloin or Grilled Salmon
· Choice of: Pumpkin Crème Brulee, Carmel Banana Bread Pudding, Chocolate Hazelnut Cake, Apple Pot Pie or Vanilla Gelato
· Beet Salad ($13)
· Roasted Turkey Dinner ($19) or Lasagna Bolognese ($21)
· Cannoli Trio ($9)
$35 per single dinner, $160 for 6-8 people and $200 for 8-12 people
· Dinner for 1: 6oz Turkey – Stuffing, Butternut Bisque Soup, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Roasted Yams, String Beans and Roasted Onions, Assorted Breads, Pecan or Pumpkin Pie
· Full Family Dinner (cutoff date: 11/22): 14 to 16 lbs Turkey – Stuffing, Butternut Bisque Soup, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Roasted Yams, String Beans and Roasted Onions, Assorted Breads, Pecan or Pumpkin Pie
$25.95 per person for Thanksgiving Buffet
· Vegetable Antipasti
· Cream Herb Rubbed Italian Ham Roast Turkey Breast
· Silky Potato Puree
· Pumpkin Bars
$19.95 per person
· Butternut Squash Bisque or Big Leaf Spinach Salad
· Roasted Turkey Dinner
· Pumpkin Pie or Pecan Pie
The Grill at Two Trees
$34.95 per person, $15.95 for children
· Butternut Squash Soup or Tomato Bisque with a Crab Meat Relish
· Simple Salad of Autumn Greens and Harvest Vegetables
· Choice of: Roasted New England Tom Turkey, Honey Glazed Roasted Duck Leg and Breast, Pan Roasted Tilapia with Chesapeake Blue Crab or Roasted Prime Rib of Beef
· Choice of: Pumpkin Pie, Pecan Pie or Warm Apple Crumb Pie
Foxwoods Resort Casino & MGM Grand at Foxwoods
Thursday, November 24
Paragon: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Cedars Steak House: 1 p.m. – 9 p.m.
David Burke Prime: 5 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Al Dente: 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
High Rollers: 3 p.m. – 11 p.m.; 11/27 pickup between 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Alta Strada: 4 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Veranda Café: 7 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
The Grill at Two Trees: 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-369-9663
2) Join Blue on Highland, located in Needham, for a festive four-course wine dinner on Wednesday, December 7, at 7pm. Chef Peter Tartsinis will prepare a holiday feast featuring seasonal favorites such as a camembert with bosc pears and balsamic, rack of lamb, and of course, a unique take on figgy pudding. Each course will be specially paired with wines from Bay State Wine. The cost is $50 per person (tax and gratuity not included) and reservations are required by calling Blue on Highland directly at 781-444-7001
Individual camembert with bosc pears and balsamic
Endive salad w/cranberries and cheese
Rack of lamb with juniper-cabernet sauce
3) It’s that time of year again... time for The Beehive’s Annual Santa Brunch being held on Saturday, December 10, from 10am-3pm. Now in its fourth year, guests can count on delicious food + drink, Christmas carols, photo opportunities (Please bring your own cameras) and mingling and jingling with the big man himself... Santa Claus!
Couple all this fun with brunch items like Extra Thick French Toast served with Chantilly cream and real deal maple syrup ($13), or Beehive Eggs Benedict served with Virginia ham ($13.5) or try it with smoked salmon ($14). Don’t forget about The Beehive’s “Little Bee’s” menu perfect for your little one buzzing about. Children can choose from items such as Kiddie French Toast ($5), Scrambled Eggs & Toast ($5), or Free Range Chicken Fingers and Frites ($6).
Parents, while the kids are running around with Santa maybe you can sneak in one of The Beehive’s handcrafted cocktails such as the Beelini with Champagne and Apricot Nector ($11.5) or the Cranberry Winter Mojito with Gosling’s Dark Rum and The Beehive’s “Drunken Cranberries!” ($11).
Reservations are highly recommended. Regular brunch pricing and specials offered. No cover charge. This is an event for kids of all ages and please call 617-423-0069 for more information or to make reservations.