I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I briefly highlight some interesting wine and food items that I have encountered recently. **********************************************************
1) Soft shell crab from Chespeake Bay, king crab from Alaska, Dungeness crab from the Pacific Northwest, and Jonah crab from New England.
Each North American crab species has its own delicious and appealing characteristics, and Turners Seafood Grill & Market celebrates them all with an annual, month-long Crab Fest. A dozen crab recipes will be served at lunch and dinner from June 1 through June 30 inclusive.
This Months Crab Specialties include:
* Fried Softshell Crab with Cajun Remoulade
* Dungeness steamed in Old Bay Seasoning (appetizer or entrée)
* King Crab steamed in Old Bay Seasoning (appetizer or entrée)
* Local Joan Crab Pie (a full half-pound)
* Chilled Jonah Crab Cocktail
2) On June 14, at 6pm, Legal Harborside will team up with Sommelier Journal to host the “Antinori Sommelier Challenge” on the second level of Legal Sea Foods’ flagship location. After a welcome reception featuring outstanding wines from Antinori Winery and passed hors d’oeuvres, guests will be treated to a three-plus-course dinner with two Antinori wine pairings per course as chosen by the two competing sommeliers. The winning sommelier will advance to the next round of the “Antinori Sommelier Challenge” with a chance to win the grand prize: a cash award and a trip to Austria sponsored by Austrian Wine. Event attendees will also receive a complimentary one-year subscription to Sommelier Journal.
The dinner menu will be presented as follows:
Lobster arancini with saffron aioli
Smoked salmon rillette in pâte à choux
Lobster soup (oloroso sherry, puff pastry)
Seared foie gras (chocolate brioche, cherries, candied ginger)
Sautéed abalone (guanciale-wrapped asparagus and lemon risotto)
Lemon semifreddo (fresh raspberries)
Cost: $125 per person (includes welcome reception with wines and passed hors d’oeuvres, three-plus-course dinner with two wines per course, and a complimentary one year subscription to Sommelier Journal; excludes tax & gratuity)
Reservations are required and can be made by calling 617-530-9470
3) On Sunday, June 17, from 11am-10pm, treat Dad to a Father’s Day lunch or dinner at Blue on Highland and he’ll receive a gift certificate for a free round of golf at the New England Country Club, Massachusetts’s premier golf course located in Bellingham.
Blue on Highland will be offering its brunch menu featuring live jazz, and early morning classics such as Sirloin and Eggs with brioche bread, mushroom truffle-butter and home fries ($14), or mid-day fare such as Margherita pizza with fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella ($9) or The famous Blue Burger nestled in a soft kaiser roll, served with tomatoes, onions, pickles and a choice of Swiss, American, mozzarella or cheddar cheese ($13). If Dad is sleeping in, treat him to a beer and steak dinner at Blue on Highland, served from 3pm-10pm.
Reservations are highly recommended. Please call 781-444-7001
The gift certificate for a free round of golf does not expire and is valid Friday through Sunday after 12pm (including holidays), and Monday through Thursday at any time. Certificate is valid for one person only and does not include a golf cart.