I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting, upcoming food & drink events.
1) On Saturday, December 24, from 5PM - 8PM, join the Posto family for their take on the traditional Italian Feast of the Seven Fishes. The menu will include:
Trio of Antipasti: Cotuit oyster and persimmon Agro Dolce; scallop crudo with tomato caviar, and citrus chili-marinated mussel toast
Olive oil-poached halibut, confit baby potatoes, roasted garlic, olives, thyme, red flame grapes
(paired with 2014 Ermes Pavese, Blanc de Morgex et de la Salle, Vallée D'Aoste, IT (Prié Blanc))
Salt Cod Tortellini, arbol chili, oregano, marjoram
(paired with 2012 Nino Negri “Ca'Brione,” Lombardy, IT (Chardonnay, Sauvignon, Incrocio Manzoni, Nebbiolo)
Seared Snapper, lobster risotto, truffles, chervil
(paired with 2014 Mura "Cortes,” Sardinia, IT Cannonau di Sardegna)
Choice of dessert: Christmas cookies or Semolina cake with assorted candied fruit and frangelico zabaione
(paired with 2012 Cascinetta Vietti, Moscato d’Asti, Piedmont, IT (Moscato)
The 5 courses are $65 per person with an optional $35 per person wine pairing.
Reservations are highly recommended so please call (617) 625-0600
2) Puritan & Co. invites guests to celebrate Christmas Eve in Inman Square with their prix fixe, three-course menu. Reservations will be taken from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
The $45 menu will include:
A-la-carte starter option ($15)
--Six local oysters
Choice of first course
--Lobster and bay scallop bisque
rouille, grilled sourdough, root vegetables
--Salad of baby lettuces and chicories
blood orange, fresh cheese, sunflower
--Duck confit and sausage
whipped potato, brussels, herb jus
--Baby beets and burrata
seeded cracker, fennel, mache
Coice of main course:
salsa verde, farro risotto, broccoli rabe
spaghetti squash, marble potatoes, rosemary gravy
--Braised beef shortrib
crème fraiche potatoes, glazed carrots, grilled kale
hen of the woods, ricotta salata, brown butter, sage
Choice of dessert:
--Assorted cakes, pies, tarts, and ice creams
To make a Reservation, please call (617) 615-6195
3) On Christmas Eve, from 5pm-8pm, Bergamot will be serving up a prix fixe, three-course menu for $85.
The menu includes:
Choice of appetizer:
Satsuma, Pomegranate, Pistachio Chutney, Cloumage
Scallop, Lobster, Crab Mushroom, Pickled Carrots, Shiso, Szechuan Chili Oil, Dashi
Tostones, Chimichurri Potatoes, Poached Mango
--Seared Foie Gras
, Milk Bread, Concord Grape Jelly, Honey Cashew Butter, Celery
Choice of entree:
, Rock Shrimp & Tasso Stuffing, Bacon, Dirty Rice, Okra, Chicken Jus Caramel
--42 Day Dry-Aged Prime Rib
, Brussels Sprouts, Shallot Marmalade, Bearnaise Sauce, Yorkshire Pudding
, Charred Octopus, Lobster Knuckle, Tomato Caldo, Sofrito, Olive, Yukon Gold
Porcini and Black Truffle Nappe, White Truffles, Watercress
Choice of dessert:
, Meyer Lemon, Blood Orange, Almond Frangipane, Chocolate Sorbet
--Candy Cap Crème Brûlée,
Port Fig Jam, Tuile
--Chocolate Hazelnut Crêpe Cake,
Roasted Pears & Brandy Anglaise
To make a Reservation, please call (617) 576-7700
4) Executive Chef Steve Zimei of CHOPPS American Bar and Grill puts the spirit in the season for Christmas 2016. On Sunday, December 25, from 1pm-6pm, guests can enjoy a Three-Course Chef’s Christmas Tasting Menu featuring modern day New England interpretations for the Christmas holiday.
The menu for features choices such as:
--Maine Lobster Bisque, aged sherry, lobster
--Arugula Salad, radicchio, gorgonzola dolce, blackberries candied pumpkin seeds, apple cider dressing
--Strip Loin Roast, horseradish whipped potatoes, glazed carrots, marrow butter
--Herb Roasted Atlantic Halibut, root vegetable hash, pomegranate molasses
--Pappardelle Bolognese, slow cooked beef short rib, roasted tomato, fennel, house made pasta
--Eggnog Cheesecake, nutmeg crème anglaise
The Three-Course Chef’s Christmas Tasting Menu is available for $45/person exclusive of tax and gratuity.
For reservations please call 781-221-6643.
5) Promising a delicious end to 2016, and start to 2017, SRV will be hosting a Venetian New Year’s Eve followed by it’s inaugural brunch service on New Year’s Day. On New Year’s Eve, SRV will be transporting guests to Venice by way of its $65 luxury Arsenale menu. In addition to the three-course, prix fixe menu, guests will be delighted by special treats throughout the night including an Aperol spritz at midnight. SRV’s regular a la carte menu will also be available.
Three New Year’s Eve seating times are available from 5 to 6 p.m., 6:30 to 8 p.m., and 8:30 to 11 p.m. Reservations must be held with a credit card. Cancellations made within two days are subject to $50 per-person charge while no-shows are subject to $100 per-person charge.
The New Year’s Eve menu will include:
Nantucket Bay Scallop Crudo with satsuma, fermented beet
Fried Oyster with caper, peppadew pepper
Grissini alla Veneziana with foie gras, allium
Carne Cruda with celery root, black truffle
Vitello Tonnato with sweetbreads, tuna belly, bay leaf
Octopus with beans, smoked pork, sauerkraut
Duck Breast with cardoon, chicory
Fusi Istriani sardine, celery, orange
Agnolotti polenta, oxtail, carrot
*Truffles can be added for an additional charge
On New Year’s Day, SRV will host its first-ever brunch service featuring Italian-influenced, a la carte menu items. Reservations will be accepted from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. while walk-ins will be accepted until 3 p.m. New Year’s Day brunch will kick off regular brunch service at SRV, which will officially begin on January 22nd and take place every Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The brunch menu will include:
Bombolone with corn meal crema ($7)
Cabbage Caesar Salad with anchovy, garlic croutons, parmigiano ($9)
Baby Kale with pear, pecorino, hazelnut ($9)
Vongole alla Pescatora with baby clams, guanciale, garlic bread, aleppo ($13)
Crispy Fingerling Potatoes with rosemary, parmigiano ($6)
Soft Scrambled Eggs with speck, sourdough, chives ($10)
Egg Sandwich with fried egg, musetto, montasio ($12)
Sopressa Veneta with radicchio, walnut, gorgonzola-dolce ($12)
Creamy Polenta with poached eggs, beef stracotto, mustard green ($13)
Sweet Potato Tortelli with chestnuts, brown butter, sage ($14)
Bucatini alle Vongole with clams, aleppo, garlic, parsley ($16)
Fazzoletti with spicy lamb sausage, swiss chard, chickpeas ($16)
To make reservations, please call (617) 536-9500
6) On Saturday, December 31, Terramia Ristorante, located in the North End, is ringing in the New Year with a four-course prix fixe menu featuring a fresh take on traditional Italian dishes.
Guests can start dinner off with a glass of wine accompanied by their choice of appetizers including the Polpette con Polenta, oven baked meatballs covered in creamy fontina cheese polenta and San Marzano tomato sauce, finished off with parmigiano cheese, Caprese or Capesante, pan seared scallops with parsnip puree. In true Italian fashion there will be a course dedicated to pasta with options such as Pappardelle alla Bolognese, Ravioli Di Aragosta and Risotto Porcini before moving to the main course including Maiale; a filet of pork tenderloin covered in a honey walnut crust served with parsnip puree, baby spinach and dried California prune sauce or the Bistecca; pan seared filet mignon with truffle potato mash, sautéed baby spinach and gorgonzola dolce and a red wine reduction. The night will end on a sweet note when guests make a delicious decision on dessert and toast to the year ahead.
Please note, the New Year’s Eve menu and regular menu will be available. The four-course dinner is $75 per person (tax and gratuity not included). Guests dining together must all chose from the same menu.
Reservations are highly recommended and can be made by calling Terramia at 617-523-3112.
7) This New Year’s Eve, BISq will be celebrating with a special menu centered around one of the restaurant’s signature offerings- whole animal dinners. The servings will be made-to-order according to party size and can be accompanied by a variety of drinks specials for additional cost. Reservations will be taken from 5:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. with drink service continuing until late as the space transforms into more of a party atmosphere.
The $70 menu, which is subject to change, includes:
Choice of appetizer:
--Beef heart tacos, black bean puree, cabbage slaw, rocoto
--Lettuce, radish, fennel, apple
--Ceviche, citrus, aji amarillo, quinoa
--Roasted mushroom salad, arugula, creme fraiche, walnuts
Choice of whole-roasted animal:
--Rib eye/ lamb leg
--Whole roasted Chicken
--Vegetarian (gratin, pasta, other composed dish)
Choice of side:
--Salt & pepper smashed potatoes
--Roasted baby carrots
--Poached & roasted beets
Choice of dessert:
--Arroz con leche
You can make reservations by calling (617) 714-3693