1) On Wednesday April 5th, from 7pm-10pm, Bar Boulud located at Mandarin Oriental, Boston, is bringing a taste or Oregon’s lush Dundee Hills to the Back Bay. Located in the well-regarded wine region of Willamette Valley, Torii Mor Winery boasts ten acres of vines and is known for producing the highest quality Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, and Chardonnay.
Guests are invited to join Sommelier David Bérubé for this exclusive educational five-course experience, featuring special guest and winemaker, Jon Tomaselli. While learning about the intricacies of the winery’s varietals, guests will enjoy seasonal dishes paired by Chef de Cuisine Michael Denk and Pastry Chef Robert Differ.
The Torii Mor Wine Dinner menu will be served as follows:
Torii Mor, Rosé, Willamette Valley, 2016
Razor Clams (celery, apple, mint)
Rabbit and Pork Pâté (pickled mustard seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, mustard frills)
Torii Mor, Pinot Blanc, Yamhill-Carlton, 2015
English Pea Tortellini (wild mushrooms, pea tendrils, lardo)
Torii Mor, Pinot Gris, Willamette Valley, 2015
Veal Shank (fava beans, leeks, chanterelles, natural jus)
Torii Mor, Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, 2014
Amarelle Cherry Galette (anise almondine, 72% chocolate, vanilla gelato)
Torii Mor, Syrah, Port Style, Rogue Valley, 2011
COST: $125 for five-course menu and wine pairings (Ticket price includes tax and gratuity)
Tickets are available on Eventbrite.com: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/torii-mor-wine-dinner-tickets-32589076806
2) Tapestry Co-Owners/Chefs Meghann Ward and Kevin Walsh invite guests to join them as they raise a glass to the late Marlena Ward and raise funds for the Marlena J. Ward Breast Cancer Research Fund. In memory of late owner and beloved family member, Marlena Ward, Tapestry will be hosting an evening to benefit the Marlena J. Ward Breast Cancer Research Fund on Sunday, April 2nd. Taking place from 6 p.m. to close in Tapestry’s Club Room, the reception-style fundraiser will feature complimentary hors d’oeuvres prepared by Meghann Ward and Keivn Walsh as well as cocktails curated by Will Isaza of Tiger Mama and Melissa Figerleski of Campari America.
Proceeds will benefit Marlena’s research fund and all tips received at the Club Room Bar will be donated to the worthy cause.
For more information, or to make reservations, please call (617) 421-4470.
3) Valerie Rochon, President, Greater Portsmouth Chamber of Commerce announce the line-up of 40+ restaurants participating in Restaurant Week Portsmouth & the Seacoast March 30 – April 8, 2017. “It is an exciting time to dine in Greater Portsmouth” shares Rochon. “We are so proud that Portsmouth is home to the only two NH chefs recognized by the James Beard Foundation as 2017 Best Chef Northeast semi-finalists, Chef Evan Mallett and Chef Matt Louis. Plus we have extraordinarily talented chefs creating every kind of cuisine on every corner.”
There is something for everyone in Greater Portsmouth during Restaurant Week. Waterfront views, open kitchens, woodfired ovens. Wine Bars. Oyster Bars, Craft Breweries. Greek, Mexican, Italian, Caribbean, Mediterranean, New England. Steak, Seafood, Tapas. And so much more. It’s all here in Greater Portsmouth, NH. It is said there are more restaurant seats in Greater Portsmouth than there are residents.
Pricing: $16.95 for lunch / $29.95 for dinner per person
Lodging: Make it a weekend getaway. Local hotels and inns are offering special
Looking at the menus, I'm especially taken with a few of them, including:
--Moxy, with a cultural celebration of their employees, and dishes like Kdam Chaa (Cambodian stir fried crab) and Ukranian Potato-onion Pierogis.
--Cure Restaurant with dishes like Spicy Chorizo & Three Cheese Fondue Dip and Honey & Sage Glazed Boneless Pork Loin.
--Franklin Oyster House with dishes like Crispy Goat Roulade and Buttermilk Fried Maine Chicken.
4) Civic Kitchen & Drink is hosting its first ever Farmers' Expo, on Sunday, April 2, from 3pm-7pm, to showcase and thank their favorite farmers, brewers, bakers and friends who are part of their extended family at Civic Kitchen & Drink. Come meet the actual farmers and brewers and bakers whose product is behind every plate and glass at Civic. Free and open to the public – come on in for their Farmers Expo Open House.
Participating companies include: Lettuce Be Local, Harvey's, Spring Ridge, Lilac Hedge, Nourse, Pecorino's, Yummy Mummy, Bean Counter, Julio's, Wicked Twisted, Wormtown, Cold Harbor, Nashoba Winery, and Cake Shop Cafe.
5) Chef/Owner Michael Schlow and the Doretta Taverna team invite guests to join them at Doretta’s bar for its “Doretta Donates” Celebrity Bartending Series. Taking place on various Thursday evenings throughout the spring, Doretta Taverna welcomes local celebrities to give it their best “shot” as guest bartenders. From 6pm-9pm, each night, guest bartenders will sling cocktails, chat with guests, and even concoct their own signature drink to be featured that evening. 10% of all proceeds from the evening’s bar sales will be donated to a charity of each guest bartender’s choice.
So far, confirmed celebrity bartending evenings include:
April 20: Dining Playbook’s Jenny Johnson (benefiting Boston Healthcare for the Homeless)
May 18: Mix 104.1’s Kennedy (benefiting Great Dog Rescue New England
June 22: Miss Massachusetts, Julia Scaparotti (benefiting The Miss Pink Organization)
For reservations, please call (617) 422-0008
6) Loco Taqueria & Oyster Bar introduces new BBQ Wednesdays, where guests can watch Executive Chef Matt Drummond flex his culinary chops with Loco’s twist on BBQ favorites. In addition to Loco’s signature lineup of tacos and ceviches, guests can enjoy a BBQ Plate for two for $33 every Wednesday.
Wednesday BBQ Special (Serves Two)
Two Pulled Pork Tacos
Full Rack of Ribs
Baked Mac & Cheese
BBQ Specials will be available every Wednesday at Loco starting at 5pm, until they are gone. Guests can anticipate some rotating menu items from the Loco smoker as part of the ongoing Wednesday evening special.
Bar Dude Will Falaro will be slinging mouthwatering cocktails, including the spicy cult favorite Little Devil Margarita with jalapeno-infused Maestrp Dobel tequila, a little Combier, Lejay cassis, and fresh lime, and the newly debuted Flamingo with Absolut lime, fresh lime juice, Berry Simple (strawberry, blackberry, blueberry), orange bitters, Elderflower and a splash of soda water.
For Reservations, please call 617-917-LOCO
7) Pedro Martinez Charity, founded by former Red Sox pitching star Pedro Martinez and his wife Carolina, is hosting a fundraising feast at Fenway Park on Saturday, May 6, from 6pm-10pm, that will help the organization continue to provide underserved children and families a brighter future. Dozens of notable sports figures, more than 40 local Boston chefs.
Food lovers and Red Sox fans can indulge on delicacies from 39 of Boston’s chefs while overlooking the beautiful field at Fenway Park, mingling with numerous notables, and supporting a great cause. Participating chefs include Tony Maws of Craigie on Main, Andy Husbands of the Smoke Shop BBQ, Brian Poe of the Tip Tap Room, Steve DiFillippo and Rodney Murillo of Davios, Jason Santos of Buttermilk and Bourbon, Jason Neve of Eataly, Leo Fonseca of Stephanie’s on Newbury, Chris Coombs of Boston Chops, and many more.
Tickets are available via Eventbrite, ranging from $35 for children’s General Admission and $75 for adult General Admission that includes food from more than 40 chefs. There is also a Grandslam Ticket option for the VIP experience that includes an intimate meet-and-greet. All proceeds will benefit the Pedro Martinez Charity.
To purchase tickets, visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/feast-with-45-at-fenway-tickets-32237234436