I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting, upcoming food & drink events.
1) Chef/owner Keith Pooler and the Bergamot team invite guests to join them for a special Mother’s Day brunch on Sunday, May 14th, from 10:30am-2:30pm. Bergamot will be offering a three-course, prix fixe brunch sure to impress the most special lady in your life. The menu will cost $46 per person and include a choice of appetizer, entrée, and dessert. Regular service will resume for dinner from 5pm to 8:30 p.m.
Menu options include:
Choice of appetizer:
--Lobster Bisque: Soft Scramble, Chervil, Caviar
--Croque Madame: Smashed Peas, Country Ham, Aged Cheddar
--Roasted Beets: Ricotta, Walnut Pesto, Arugula
Choice of entrée:
--Leg of Lamb: Roasted Peppers, Castel Vetrano Olives, Yukon Gold Potato, Garlic & Oregano Lamb Jus
--Crispy Soft Shell Crab: Warm Egg Salad, Roasted Asparagus, Aged Balsamic
--Shakshuka: Feta, Chickpeas, Spinach, Poached Egg, Zhoug, Roasted Tomato
--Simple Breakfast: Three Eggs Any Way, Home Fries, House Bacon, Milk Bread Toast
Choice of dessert:
--Cinnamon Roll Puddin’:Rum Raisin Anglaise
--Cherry Cobbler: Vanilla Ice Cream, Shaved Chocolate
--Strawberry-Rhubarb Rangoon with caramel sauce
To make reservations, please call 617-576-7700
2) This Mother’s Day, skip breakfast in bed, and celebrate all Mom does by treating her to a meal from MET Back Bay on Newbury Street or MET Bar and Grill in Natick and Dedham. In addition to the regular all-day menu, the MET Restaurant Group will offer brunch specials all day long on Sunday, May 14.
MET Back Bay Mother’s Day Menu
Pecan Bacon Sticky Buns ($11)
Smoked Salmon Tower (Smoked salmon, capers, tomato, cucumber, red onion, soft cream cheese, everything bagel) ($12 per person; min 2 people)
Jonah Crab and Charred Avocado Fritta (Spring onion butter, truffle fries) ($22)
MET Bar and Grill Mother’s Day Menu
Raspberry Monkey Bread ($11)
Ham Egg and Cheese Flatbread (Virginia ham, sunny side up eggs, aged gruyere cheese) ($16)
Tips and Eggs (Sirloin steak tips, cheddar cheese scramble, arugula) ($18)
3) Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca invites guests to join them this Mother’s Day weekend to support maternal health and safe childbirth worldwide. In honor of Mother’s Day, the Seaport’s Babbo Pizzeria e Enoteca will be supporting mothers worldwide by contributing to Every Mother Counts’ Orange Rose Campaign.
During the weekend of Mother’s Day (Saturday, May 13th and Sunday, May 14th), Babbo will be joining the rest of Mario Batali’s establishments in donating the net proceeds from the sale of a special “Orange Rose” dish to Every Mother Counts’ mission to support maternal health.
Babbo’s “Orange Rose” dish will be Golden Beet and Goat Cheese Cappellacci with orange and fennel pollen. In addition to Babbo’s “Orange Rose” special, their regular menu will be available to celebrate Mom throughout Mother’s Day weekend on Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.
To make reservations, please contact (617) 421-4466
4) Do you love Oysters? This Spring/Summer, here are three of the restaurants which are offering $1 Oyster specials. When Oysters can run $3 or more each, then this can be a great value.
Bastille Kitchen is offering $1 Oysters six days a week, from Monday to Saturday, from 5pm-8pm, in their Bar & Lounge area only. For more information or to make a reservation, please call 617-556-8000
Strega Waterfront is offering $1 Oysters every Monday evening, starting at 4pm, and in their Bar/Lounge area only. For more information or to make a reservation, please call 617-345-3993
STRIP by Strega is offering $1 Oysters four days a week, from Monday to Thursday, from 5pm-7pm, in their Bar/Lounge area only. For more information or to make a reservation, please call 617-456-5300
5) On June 5, from 6pm-10pm, Tremont 647 and Mezcales De Leyendas present a Mezcal Cantina Night. Tremont 647 will welcomes Danny Meda, owner of Mezcales De Leyenda, for an Oaxacan inspired menu, prepared by Chef De Cuisine Melissa Cawley, and a Mezcal tasting.
The Oaxacan Inspired Menu will include passed apps, a family style dinner and decadent dessert. Some of the items will include:
Chorizo paella balls w/ parsley aioli
Crispy lime steak skewers w/ morrita crema
Margarita marinated tofu tacos w/ guacamole and pickled red cabbage
Fried whole fish w/ chimichurri
Oaxacan chicken mole
In addition to a flavorful menu and mezcal tasting we will take place in a discussion of the different Mezcal producing regions of Mexico.
To see the full Menu, and to purchase Tickets, go to EventBrite .
For more information, please call them at 617-266-4600.