I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting, upcoming food & drink events.
1) On Wednesday, June 13, at 6:30pm, Legal Sea Foods in Park Square will host a four-plus-course wine dinner featuring selections from the world-renowned winery, Familia Zuccardi. For over 50 years Familia Zuccardi has produced wines of exceptional quality from the soils of Mendoza, Argentina, and has since become one of Argentina’s most well-known, family owned wineries as well as a leading exporter of Argentine wine all over the world. Third generation owner of the Familia Zuccardi brand, Sebastián Zuccardi, will present the selection of wines paired with each course of the evening providing expert knowledge and history of each tasting.
In 1963, Alberto Zuccardi, Sebastián’s grandfather and skilled engineer used a self-built irrigation system to begin experimenting with planting vines throughout a province of Mendoza. Those methods and experimentations are responsible for the growth and success of the Zuccardi brand today. In 2005, Sebastián took over the reins of the winery and led the development of the winery’s expansion into the Uco Valley, a cultivated oasis at the foot of the Andes, Mendoza. Today, each Zuccardi winery provides a unique combination of climate, soil and cultivating which allows each line of wines to be a true expression of where it was conceived.
Legal Sea Foods will team up with Zuccardi’s owner, Sebastián Zuccardi to host a four-plus-course wine dinner. The menu will be presented as follows:
Georges Bank Scallop Crudo*, Aji Amarillo, Leche de Tigre
Oyster* on the Half Shell, Green Apple Mignonette
Crispy Tempura Smelt, Yuzu Aioli
Zuccardi “Serie A” Torrontés, Salta, 2016
Pan-Seared Haddock (grilled romaine, red grapes, toasted almonds, goat cheese vinaigrette)
Zuccardi “Q” Chardonnay, Tupungato, Valle de Uco, 2015
Tuna* Steak Au Poivre (crispy risotto cake, charred broccoli rabe, roasted garlic demi-glace)
Zuccardi “Concreto” Malbec, Paraje Altamira, Valle de Uco, 2016
Zuccardi “Q” Malbec, Paraje Altamira & Vista Flores, Valle de Uco, 2015
Zuccardi “Aluvional” Malbec, La Consulta, Valle de Uco, 2008
Hickory-Grilled Rib Eye Steak* (chimichurri sauce, grilled manouri cheese & heirloom tomato salad, double stuffed Idaho potato)
Tito Zuccardi, Paraje Altamira, Valle de Uco, 2014
José Zuccardi, Valle de Uco, 2013
Dark Chocolate Torta (cinnamon ice cream, dulce de leche)
Zuccardi Malamado Malbec, Mendoza, 2014
COST: $95 per person (excludes tax & gratuity)
Reservation required by calling 617-530-9397
2) Post 390 is teaming up with Spring Rock Farm to bring Bostonians another Farm to Post dinner with the spotlight on the farm’s Vermont Wagyu Beef. On Thursday, June 7, at 6pm, Executive Chef Nick Deutmeyer will highlight the most supreme cuts of the ‘Best Beef in the World’ from Spring Rock in this month’s menu of the dinner series. With the promise of naturally raised and primarily grass-fed beef, Spring Rock Farm ensures top quality and the freshest ingredients for guests to experience during Chef Nick’s menu. Guests will have the opportunity to mix and mingle with representatives from Spring Rock Farm, who will be onsite to share some details about their farm. The event begins with a welcome reception followed by a seated four-course dinner.
Post 390’s ongoing Farm to Post series celebrates the freshest local ingredients and the inspiring people behind them, focusing on Post 390’s unique relationship with these talented purveyors. The series features rotating themes every six weeks, featuring next level farm-to-post dishes made with locally-sourced and sustainable ingredients. After the kick-off dinner, the Farm to Post Vermont Wagyu at Spring Rock Farm menu will be availably nightly (for a limited time) at Post 390.
The Vermont Wagyu at Spring Rock Farm dinner menu is as follows:
American Kobe Slider, Freshly Baked Bread, All the Fixin’s
Coffee Marinated Skirt Steak, Boston Bibb, Avocado, Pickled Cabbage, Red Onion
Tenderloin Tartare, Toasted Brioche, Capers, Cornichon, French Mustard, Hollandaise
Primal Cut | Rib
Clarified Bone Broth, Seared Raw Ribeye, Acini de Pepe, Crisp Garden Vegetables, Concassé Tomato
Primal Cut | Brisket
Tallow-Fried Soft-Shell Crab, Smoked Beef Bacon, Fava Beans, Grilled Corn & Summer Squash, Pickled Ramp Aioli
Primal Cut | Round
Farm House Roast Beef, Herb & Mustard Crust, Haricor Verts, Pomme Purée, Mulberry Demi-Glace
Primal Cut | Hip
Belgian Chocolate Cake with Dark Chocolate Mousse, Bone Marrow Ice Cream, Smoked Cherries
Tickets are $55 per person (inclusive of tax, gratuity, & beverage pairings) and can be purchased through Eventbrite. Reservations are required.
3) Chef Dante de Magistris and the entire team at DANTE invite guests to an Italian BBQ at their patio looking out at the Charles River. Summer is almost here and the team at DANTE is pulling out all the stops to celebrate. On Saturday, June 16, from 6pm-9pm, guests can soak in summer nights and indulge in Italian BBQ dishes and sip on refreshing beverages on the patio. Dive into Lamb Spiedini, Rabiola Burgers, and Caprese Cups, while sipping on Rosé All Day, 21st Amendment Beer, bourbon peach tea and more. To keep the good vibes coming, a live DJ will also be spinning all night long.
This exclusive patio party is the perfect excuse to hit the town and enjoy the warm weather with friends and loved ones.
Tickets are $75 per person (inclusive of tax & gratuity included) and can be purchased via Eventbrite. Attendees must be 21 years of age.
4) Puritan & Co.’s upcoming Rosé Rumble will offer guests the opportunity to immerse themselves in the best rosés in Boston like a true insider. Taking place on Thursday, June 14th, the fourth annual industry-style tasting event will showcase a variety of rosés for guests to taste, discuss, and learn about while enjoying unlimited bites from Chef Will Gilson and the Puritan and Co. team.
The night will feature two, separately ticketed sessions- one at 6 p.m. and one at 8 p.m. Both sessions will end at 10 p.m.
Tickets can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/rose-rumble-2018-tickets-45986039482?aff=es2
Puritan & Co. always has excellent wine events and their Rosé Rumble isn't an exception. I recommend you check out this fun and delicious event.
5) CHOPPS American Bar and Grill and Executive Chef Stefano Zimei welcome guests to embrace the warmer months with a seasonal wine dinner featuring the best wines of summer from around the world, specially chosen by Sommelier Bruno Marini. Take a break from the heat and join CHOPPS American Bar and Grill on Friday, June 8, starting at 6:45pm, to sample some of the best wines for summertime paired with a decadent four-course meal from Executive Chef Steve Zimei.
The dinner will feature notable vineyards including: Perrier Jouet, Shafer Vineyards, CADE Estate Winery, Ramey Wine Cellars, and Anew Wine. This one-of-a-kind summer wine dinner features a lineup of expertly selected pours to enjoy during the warm weather from CHOPPS Sommelier Bruno Marini paired with dishes for the ultimate summer culinary celebration.
The full menu for the wine dinner is as follows:
Passed Hors d’oeuvre
NV Perrier-Jouet ‘Grand Brut’, Epernay, France
Yellow Tuna Tartar (Crushed Avocado, Citrus – Ponzu, Wakame, Crispy Wontons)
2014 Chardonnay Shafer 'Red Shoulder Ranch’, Napa, California
Brandt Farms Bone-In Filet (Potato Pave, Spring Onion Jus)
2013 Cabernet Sauvignon Cade Estate ‘Howell Mountain’, Napa, California
2014 Red Blend Ramey Wine Cellars ‘Claret’, Napa, California
Pound Cake Trifle
Strawberry-Rhubarb & Mint Marmaleta
2016 Rose Chateau Ste. Michelle ‘Anew’, Columbia Valley, WA.
Seats are available now for $85 per person (inclusive of tax & gratuity). Space is limited and reservations are required. Call 781-221-6643 directly to book seats. A credit card is needed to secure a reservation. or visit the ticket link here.