There won't be a Rant today, but rather a highlight of some of the foods I've recently enjoyed. I'm just not in a mood for a Rant, and would rather spread the joy of some delicious dishes.
An Extra-Cheese Pizza from
Prince Pizzeria in
Saugus. I've been dining here since I was a child, and this year, the restaurant has celebrated their 65th Anniversary. Their pizza recipe has remained largely the same over all of those years, except for a slight change in the cheese blend. It once was an all-cheddar blend but now also has some mozzarella. It's reminiscent in some ways to Greek pizza, but forms its own unique style. I regularly have lunch here, enjoying pizza, or sometimes other tasty dishes, like their Meatballs Sliders.
The
"Cadillac" Sandwich at
Anthony's Italian Specialties in
Stoneham. Chicken Cutlets, Prosciutto, Fresh Slices of Mozzarella, and a Balsamic Glaze. You can also opt for Roasted Red Peppers if you want. I got it on a braided roll, and it's a huge sandwich, which could feed two people, or one very hungry person. All of the sandwiches at Anthony's are known to be quite large, filled with plenty of meat and other toppings. Their
Italian is a hugely popular, as is their
Lobster Salad available only on Fridays. Everything tastes fresh, is reasonably priced for the quantity and quality, and quite delicious. This is also another spot that I have been visiting for many years.
Coffee Roll from
Donuts With A Difference in
Medford. This is my favorite donut shop, a very old-school spot which makes more traditional donuts, and not the fancy ones you find at many other spots. They are made in-house so they are always fresh, and if you're lucky, they may even be served warm. When's the last time you had a warm donut at any donut shop? They are also inexpensive, and you can get a dozen donuts for only $19, which is half-the price at some other donut shops. Their coffee roll, which is quite large, costs under $3.00, and is one of my favorite choices. A soft, fresh texture, with the sweet glaze atop it, and plenty of cinnamon within.
Whoopie Pies from
Sandpiper Bakery in
Ipswich. These aren't always available at the bakery, but when they are, I'm always sure to buy a few. They are small enough for a single person to enjoy, and the chocolate cake is soft, moist and full of chocolate flavor. The whipped filling is creamy and has just the right amount of sweetness. A nicely balanced treat, it's one of my favorite Whoopie pies north of Boston. I also have to mention their
Ham & Cheese Croissants which may also be one of the best, with such a flaky and buttery croissant, and often is served warm. Anytime I visit the Ipswich area, I nearly always stop here. As you should too.
Fried Lobster Tails plate from the
Clam Box in
Ipswich. Only available on Fridays, the fried lobster tails are one of my favorites. I certainly love their other dishes, from
Fried Clams to
Fried Scallops, but this is my top favorite. Each piece is a half-lobster tail, with a crisp and clean fried coating over tender, sweet lobster. There is drawn butter for dipping too. You usually get at least 7 pieces of lobster, making for a hearty meal with French fries and onion rings. Others have their own favorite clam shacks, but the Clam Box remains my personal favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment