Monday, July 9, 2018

Birthday Fundraiser for Alzheimer's Association

No Rants today. Rather, I come seeking assistance from my readers.

Though Facebook has its issues, maybe one of its most compelling features is that you can turn your birthday into a request for donations for one of a myriad of charities. There is no charge for the donations and all of the money goes to the charity. Facebook makes it very simple to set up as well.

My birthday is later this week and I have chosen a Birthday Fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association. All you have to do is go to that link and you can donate to this cause. I set a modest goal of $200 and have already received donations of $270. But, I encourage others to donate as well, to raise more money for this worthy cause. I hope you'll consider contributing as a way to celebrate with me. Every little bit helps.

Alzheimer's is an insidious disease that robs people of their minds. It can be a slow deterioration, losing bits and parts of your memory every day. And for the caretakers, it can be a tough experience, watching your loved one fall deeper into the illness's grasp. As our population lives longer and longer, it seems that more and more people fall victim to this terrible disease.

I currently live with a family member who has Alzheimer's and I see its effect every day, on everyone  in the family. And this is not the first family member who has had this terrible disease either. As this disease may be, in at least some part, hereditary, it is scary to see family members succumb to it as you worry that you too might get it one day.  

Please donate, if you can, to help fight this disease, so that maybe we can eliminate it one day.

No comments: