1) Battle of the Bloodys is back for its second year and this time the stakes are even higher as it takes over Landsdowne Street on Saturday, January 19th. Bloody fans are invited to jump from bar to bar as 20 of Boston's brunch spots battle it out for the title of Boston's Best Bloody!
With Bloody Mary tastings happening at Loretta's Last Call, Landsdowne Pub, and Bill's Bar, tickets include:
- Unlimited photo booth pictures
- 1 event program and "Bloody Mary Passport"
- 20 samples of various Bloody Marys from 8 of Boston's brunch hot spots including Sonsie, Southern Proper, Back Bay Social, Lulu's Allston & many more TBD!
- Brunch snacks provided by Loretta's Last Call and Lansdowne Pub!
- 1 token to vote for what you consider "Boston's Best Bloody Mary
- Tito's swag & giveaways
- Access to:
--Loretta's Last Call: Sample 6 different samples of Bloody Marys from 6 local restaurants, free customized photo booth on stage, "the world's LARGEST Bloody Mary Bar", brunch snacks, specialty Tito's cocktails, & giveaways!
--Lansdowne Pub: Sample 14 different Bloody Marys from 14 local restaurants, watch and compete in bartender competitions, try other signature brunch cocktails in the "Not So Bloody" room, and enjoy a variety of brunch snacks!
--Bill's Bar Boston: Live band from 12-3pm, raffle table set up to benefit the MSPCA, full bar, & giveaways!
Tickets cost $30 and half of each ticket sale will be donate dot the MSPCA.
Tickets to the 21+ event can be purchased here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2nd-annual-battle-of-the-bloodys-tickets-54030394364
2) Island Creek Oyster Bar, in Burlington, has recently announced the start of Ramen Mondays. Starting January 7, and continuing each Monday evening, from 5pm-10pm, through March 18, Chef Matty will offer a weekly Ramen special. This Ramen special will be priced at $12. Will there be seafood based Ramen specials? We shall soon see as they present a different Ramen each week. If you want to make a Reservation, please call 781-761-6500.
3) A number of local restaurants offer a $1 Oyster Night, which is a great thing. When oysters can regularly cost $3-4 each, a $1 special is an excellent deal. One local restaurant is offering an even better special, offering three $1 Oyster Nights during the week!
At Bisq, on Cambridge Street near Inman Square, Chef Alex Saenz and his team offer $1 Oysters from Tuesday to Thursday nights, all night ling until they run out. Three days of $1 Oysters! They have an excellent wine list too, with plenty of good choices to pair with your oysters. In addition, it seems they may have just instituted a cocktail program too, which will expand your options for oyster pairings. I'd also recommend starting with oysters and moving onto to some of the other delicious dishes at Bisq, like their Fried Chicken or Double Cheeseburger.
To make Reservations, please call 617-714-3693