Monday, November 12, 2007

Angela's Coal Fired Pizza

I mentioned yesterday, that Angela's Coal Fired Pizza is now open in Saugus on Rt.1. I stopped by there today for lunch.

It is a medium-sized restaurant with a bar located in the center. It has a modern decor with dark wood colors. I liked the look of the restaurant. I should note that they do not currently have the calzone or two of the sandwiches available yet.

I ordered a small pizza with prosicutto ($15). When it arrived, it was actually a good-sized pizza and two people might be able to split it. The prosciutto was mainly on 2/3 of the pizza, leaving very little on the other third. The prosciutto itself was very tasty. The pizza itself is thin crusted, with a bit of burn on the outer crust, something I am sure is a mark of the coal oven. There are pieces of plum tomatoes atop the pizza, though not really the chunky tomatoes you get at Pizzeria Uno. I liked the pizza though it did not overwhelm me. With its size, the price is not unreasonable, though it is not a bargain either.

I did order a glass of their Sangria and it actually was fairly good. It was not overly sweet and had a good wine flavor to it. I would order it again.

Service was very good and I had no complaints in that area.

Angela's Coal Fired Pizza
880 Broadway (Rt.1)
Saugus, MA
Phone: 781-941-COAL

2 comments:

dellmar said...

Angela's pizza copied Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza in Fort Lauderdale exactly down to the plates. The problem is they could not copy the taste of Anthony's. Anthony's Coal Fired pizza is much better.
Maybe Angela's should come up with there own ideas

Anonymous said...

THEY ARE OUR OWN IDEAS! MAYBE U SHOULD KNOW WHAT REAL FOOD IS