Tuesday, December 9, 2008

L'Express: Croque Madame

When I drive to New York City, I leave early in the morning so that I arrive around breakfast time. One of my favorite breakfast places is L’Express, and I eat there basically every time I visit the city. You can read my prior review of this restaurant.

I primarily am drawn to this place because of their Croque Madame ($10.95), which is pictured above. This is the best Croque Madame I have had anywhere. It is a perfect melding of ham, cheese, bread and egg, everything high quality and quite flavorful. It is a good-sized sandwich, and a perfect way to start the day, to give you that boost of energy in the morning, especially after a four and a half hour drive.

The quality remains consistent here and I have never had a bad meal or bad service. If you want something besides the Croque Madame, there are numerous other breakfast choices, costing about $6-10.

I continue to highly recommend this place for breakfast. Plus it is open 24/7! I should also note that this restaurant is fairly close to Union Square so after breakfast, you can stroll around the area.

L’Express
249 Park Ave. South
New York, NY
Phone: (212) 254-5858

No comments: