I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting wine and food items that are upcoming. **********************************************************
1) This Valentine’s Day, Saturday, February 14, “Top Chef” star Tiffani Faison is closing her restaurant for normal service to host her annual “Valentine’s Day Meat Market.” Beginning at 8pm, Sweet Cheeks will be transformed from an authentic Southern BBQ destination into a prom night to remember.
For all you single ladies and gentleman, or for the Valentine’s Day sweethearts that are searching for an alternative night, Sweet Cheeks has you covered. Upon arrival, rock your old prom dresses and baby blue matching suits and pose for the prom photographer. A BBQ dinner will be served before you dance and mingle with friends while sipping on spiked punch bowls without the fear of your high school teachers catching you.
COST: $75 per person RSVP:
Must be 21+ to attend and consume alcohol; valid government ID required.
To purchase tickets visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/meat-market-sweet-cheeks-presents-prom-night-tickets-15243429508?aff=es2&rank=1
2) Legal Crossing will celebrate their first Valentine’s Day with a three-course customizable menu featuring the best from land and sea throughout Valentine’s Day weekend.
The menu will be presented as follows:
She-Crab Soup (blue crab, oloroso sherry, crab roe)
Oysters & Pearls (hackleback caviar, myer lemon-crème fraiche sorbet)
Coquilles St Jaques (black trumpet duxelle, lobster veloute)
Lobster Mousseline Stuffed Dover Sole (potato duchess, herbed baby carrots, champagne beurre blanc)
Chateaubriand (sauce béarnaise, potato duchess, herbed baby carrots)
Warm Chocolate Ganache Fondue (long stem strawberries, dried figs, baby bananas, housemade marshmallows)
Baked Alaska (almond brittle ice cream, candied cherries)
WHEN: Friday, February 13 through Sunday, February 15
COST: Three-course prix fixe: $50 per person
Reservations can be made by contacting 617-477-2900
3) On February 10, Legal Sea Foods in Park Square will host a four-course pairings menu as an early celebration for Valentine’s Day. For one night only, guests will indulge in this romance-inspired chef’s tasting menu with exclusive wine pairings to delight their palates.
The menu will be presented as follows:
Oysters on the Half Shell (Champagne Pomegranate Mignonette)
JCB “No. 21” Cremant de Bourgogne, Burgundy, NV
Seared Diver Scallops (Frutti di Mare Risotto, Béarnaise Sauce)
Bonny Doon “Le Cigare Blanc,” Beeswax Vineyard, Arroyo Seco, 2008
Grilled Tuna Steak (Leek & Cheddar Potato Au Gratin, Cipollini Onion Jam)
Lemelson Vineyards “Thea’s Selection” Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley, 2001
Strawberry-Rhubarb Bread Pudding (Chocolate, Crème Anglaise)
Rosa Regale Brachetto d’Acqui, Piemonte, 2012
COST: $40 per person (excludes tax & gratuity)
Reservation required by calling 617-530-9397
4) On Thursday, January 29, from 6:30pm-9:30pm, CHOPPS American Bar and Grill will host a Bourbon Dinner, a 5 course tasting menu that is paired with Bourbon based cocktails. You'll enjoy a dinner prepared by Chef David Verdo, paired with different types of bourbons. They will discuss different characteristics of Bourbons, its popularity, and have some great laughs as well.This sounds like an excellent event and I recommend it.
Cost: $70 per person
To purchase tickets, please visit https://www.eventbrite.com/e/chopps-american-bar-and-grill-bourbon-dinner-tickets-15171042998
5) This Valentine’s Day, The Beehive will indulge lovers with “Three Days of Lovin’” - a three-day long event featuring Valentine’s Day inspired dishes from Executive Chef Marc Orfaly, drink specials from Moët & Chandon and Domaine Chandon, and live jazz and soul performances from Friday, February 13 through Sunday, February 15.
On Saturday, February 14, guests can enjoy a special prix fixe menu for $65 per person. Chef Orfaly will be serving romantic specials including: Crispy Oysters; Escargot Risotto; Herb Crusted Prime Rib with whipped potatoes, english peas, roasted cipollini onions and red wine sauce; Swordfish Puttanesca with tomato, capers, olives, lemon and linguine; and Confit Lamb Shank with gnocchi, grilled heirloom carrots and broccoli rabe. The meal will end on a sweet note as guests share desserts such as Chocolate Truffle Pot De Crème and Strawberry Cheesecake. The prix fixe menu will be served exclusively on Saturday, February 14.
Why limit the love to one day? Guests can enjoy luxe specials in addition to the regular menu on Friday, February 13 and Sunday, February 15 as well as a lover’s weekend brunch on both Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 3PM. All weekend long guests can get in the mood with one of The Beehive’s Valentine’s Day drink specials featuring Moët & Chandon and Domaine Chandon, and wine enthusiasts will appreciate The Beehive’s extensive wine list featuring exceptional sparkling and reserve wines. Reservations are highly recommended.
COST: Menu specials à la carte. The prix fixe dinner menu on Saturday is $65 per person.
Reservations are highly recommended by calling 617-423-0069
6) For Valentine's Day, check out M.C. Spiedo, where chefs Mark Gaier and Clark Frasier have crafted a 3-course Valentine¹s Day menu, for $49 per person, featuring both house-favorites and decadent specials (all items also available a la carte).
Some of the menu highlights include, but are not limited, to:
· Grand Trencher: selection of meats and cheeses ($15)
· Fluke Crudo: Maine uni, passion fruit, crispy black olives, radish
· Braised Pork Belly Cassoulet: pork sausage, crispy duck, roasted pear ($34)
· Grilled Filet Mignon: seared scallops, baby turnips, beech mushroom, horseradish cream ($38)
· Wild Atlantic Salmon: roasted fennel, pinenut sauce ($29)
· Affogato: espresso ice cream, anise cookie crumble, whipped cream, coco nibs ($7)
· Gianduja Cheesecake: chocolate-hazelnut cheesecake with shaved hazelnuts, raspberry sauce, meringue ($7)
7) For Valentine's Day, you could check out Coppa, where chefs Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonnette will celebrate Valentine¹s Day with a 3-course menu for $55, with the option of an additional $35 for wine pairing and $15 for a cheese supplement (including the return of their Lady and the Tramp spaghetti and meatballs)
Highlights include but are not limited to:
· Zucca Passata: Italian pumpkin hummus, pomegranate, salsa verde, cucumber
· Crudo of Scallop: N¹duja impasto, harissa, crispy quinoa
· ³Lady and the Tramp² Spaghetti e Polpette: Coppa spaghetti and meatballs
· Cappelletti con Pastinaca: Parsnip-filled pasta, bra duro, smoked hazelnut, rye
· Porchetta Spalla: Slow roasted pork shoulder, hay smoked carrot, sunflower seed puree
· Sundae: Olive oil cake, pistachio gelato, luxardo cherries
· Tiramisu: House-made espresso and Frangelico soaked ladyfingers, mascarpone and cocoa
8) Executive Chef Chris Coombs and Chef de Cuisine Adrienne Mosier introduce a new dish to delight the senses for guests of Deuxave. The latest menu addition is a Perigord Truffle Studded Roast Giannone Chicken ($99). All of Giannone’s chickens are organic and grown naturally and free range. At Deuxave, these qualities are enhanced with the addition of 10 grams of Black Perigord Truffles. The luxurious date night dish serves two and is presented tableside along with Robuchon potatoes, heirloom carrots, crispy mushrooms, Brussels sprouts leaves, red watercress and truffle honey juice.
WHEN: Available daily, for a limited time only
Sunday – Wednesday: 5pm-10pm; Thursday – Saturday: 5pm-11pm
To make a reservation, please call 617-517-5915