1) Express your gratitude to the woman who does it all this Mother’s Day at Davio’s Boston. This year, in addition to their full dinner menu, Davio’s Boston will be offering a selection of Mother’s Day Specials from 11:00am to 10:00pm. Executive Chef Eric Swartz has created a selection of traditional dishes with a Northern Italian twist. Brunch additions served from 11:00am-3:00pm. Dinner additions served from 3:00pm-10:00pm.
Mother’s Day Menu Additions
BELGIAN WAFFLE - $17
Strawberries, Warm Vermont Syrup
CRABMEAT OMELET - $24
Country-Eggs, Crabmeat, Shrimp, Asparagus, Havarti, Hollandaise, Home Fries
TENDERLOIN BENEDICT- $25
Poached Eggs, Beef Tenderloin, Popover, Truffle Hollandaise
EGG PIZZA - $17
White Cheese Pizza, Bacon, Egg, Scallions, White Truffle Oil
LOBSTER CARBONARA - $37
Spaghetti, Maine Lobster, Carbonara, Pancetta, Parmigiano
GRILLED BLOCK ISLAND SWORDFISH - $38
Grilled Swordfish, Crabmeat, Sugar Snap Peas, Risotto
CLUB SIRLOIN - $40
Club Sirloin, Truffle Butter, Sautéed Cippolinis, Spinach, Creamy Potatoes
Their Full Dinner Menu is also available.
Reservations are recommended so please call 617-357-4810
2) Also for Mother's Day, BISq, lin Inman Square, will be offering a $46 three-course menu from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Choice of Appetizers include:
- Frittata with Morels, Fava Beans, Radish, Fiddleheads & Preserved Lemon
- Bottoms Up Crab Flatbread with Artichoke, Caramelized Onion, Cured Egg Yolk, Ricotta & Mascarpone Cheese
- Breakfast Raft with Sausage Bread, Grilled Ramps, Fried Potato, 3 Minute Egg
- Strawberries with Pickled Strawberries, Arugula, Whipped Feta, Fennel, Frie Almonds
- Chopped Salad with Pickled Celery, Country Ham, Avocado, Roasted Spring Onion, Hard Boiled Egg, Chicken Skin Dressing
Choice of Entrees include:
- Croque-Madame with House-Made Ham, Gruyère, Dijon Mustard, Béchamel, Roasted Asparagus, Sunny Side Up Egg
- Black Bean Tostada with Fried Eggs, Red Pepper Sauce, Queso Fresco, Avocado
- Smoked Beef Tri-Tip with Cornpone, Charred Ramp & Caramelized Onion Jam, Scrambled Eggs, House Steak Sauce
- Salmon Cakes with Rosti Potato, Beets, Grain Salad, Cucumber & Yogurt Sauce
- Crispy Pork Shoulder with Stone Cut Oats, Bacon Jam, Mushroom Conserva, Sweet Peas, Poached Egg
Choice of Desserts include:
- Dutch Baby with fresh Cherries, Cherry Coulis, Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Mousse Cake with chilled Malted Milk Shot
- Golden Beet Flan with Mint, Caramel, Candied Oats
- Cheese: TBD
$6 a la carte sides include:
- Home Fries
For Reservations, please call (617) 714-3693.
3) To celebrate mom, Chef Will Gilson’s Puritan and Company, in Cambridge’s Inman Square, will be offering a $45, prix fixe brunch menu from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. In the evening, Puritan’s regular dinner menu will be available as well as their new Prime Rib Sunday menu.
First course brunch options include:
- Greek Yogurt Parfait with house-made granola, strawberries, and mint
- Bibb Lettuce Salad with goat’s milk feta, basil, and fennel crackers
- Lobster Bisque with asparagus, potato, and citrus crème fraîche
- Salmon Tartare with avocado, brioche, “everything bagel” crumble
Main course brunch options include:
- Duck Pastrami Hash with farm eggs, roasted peppers, and horseradish cream
- Asparagus and Mushroom Scramble with tartentaise cheese, greens, and toast
- Grilled Swordfish with spinach-olive pureé, roasted carrots and skordalia
- Braised Beef Short Rib with green garlic grits, spring vegetable ragout, and gremolata
Brunch dessert options include:
- Strawberry Shortcake with clotted cream, thai basil, and balsamic
- Chocolate Franjipan with pomegranate, rose hip, and almond
For Reservations, please call (617) 615-6195
4) Master Butcher and Principal of Range, Inc. Kari Underly, Chopps American Bar and Grill Executive Chef Jeff Williams, and The Trustees of Reservations invite carnivores and Bostonians to The Kitchen at Boston Public Market for a special Master Class in Butchering on Sunday, April 24, from 1pm-5pm.
The Kitchen is a 3,200 square foot, state-of-the-art demonstration kitchen that serves as a community teaching, learning, and gathering place at the Boston Public Market. The Trustees of Reservations, as lead programming partner for the Market, host a diverse group of culinary, health, and wellness partners to develop a selection of daily programs in The Kitchen, designed to highlight culinary experts, traditions, and local food production while inspiring healthy eating, creative cooking, and wellness among families and individuals.
The Kitchen at the Boston Public Market is hosting a special Master Class in Butchering led by Master Butcher Kari Underly. The four-hour demonstration, lecture, and hands-on beef carcass breakdown will give participants and observers an expert lesson in the art of butchering.
Designed as a fun and educational class for professionals, home chefs and meat-enthusiasts, guests will learn cutting techniques for butchering into primals and subprimals from Kari Underly, third-generation butcher and author of the James Beard Nominated book The Art of Beef Cutting. Underly’s students will also learn about raising practices, beef quality, merchandising and menuing, and get a firsthand look at the hands-on processing of subprimals into popular steaks and roasts.
Executive Chef Jeff Williams of Chopps American Bar and Grill will demonstrate matching cuts with cooking methods, and provide tips for marinating and seasoning each cut. Guests can enjoy the cuts of beef, prepared by Chef Williams, along with a selection of wines curated by Jonathan Alsop of the Boston Wine School, who will guide guests through an introduction to wine pairing.
For additional details or to sign up visit http://www.thetrustees.org. Tickets are available for participants for $200 ($160 for members) and observers for $50 ($40 for members). Tickets include samples of the various cuts of beef, a selection of wines (included in ticket costs).