Monday, September 3, 2007

Spanish Wine Harvest

The 2007 grape harvest in Spain could potentially be excellent!

Wine Country is reporting that the summer of 2007 may be the hottest in 400 years. The harvest is likely to begin earlier than previous years and could be excellent all across Europe. There should also be a smaller yield than usual, but the quality could be very high.

When I visit Spain at the end of the month, I should get a more intimate idea of the quality of the wine harvest. I will visit at least 9 wineries, in several different wine regions, so will get a good overview of the harvest across much of Spain. If it is a good harvest, I am sure the wineries will be in great moods. As the harvest will likely be earlier this year, then probably all, or nearly all, of the harvest will be completed by the time I arrive.

No comments: