I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting, upcoming food & drink events.. **********************************************************
1) Vine Brook Tavern, located in downtown Lexington, has starting serving lunch Tuesday-Sunday from 11:30am-3pm. A creation of Marcus Palmer and Brian Lesser, Vine Brook is a contemporary American tavern offering classic, refined American fare, warm hospitality, and outstanding service. American cuisine and a blend of farm-to-table produce from local Lexington farms is the theme for Executive Chef Chris Frothingham’s menu.
Here are some of the items available:
New England Clam Chowder with smoky bliss potatoes
Quinoa & Kale with shaved cauliflower & brussels, carrot, sesame miso vinaigrette
Salmon Burger with sticky soy, wasabi aioli, shiitake & cilantro
Lobster Roll shucked daily, mayo, chives and coleslaw
Quiche made daily with arugula salad
Fish & Chips house made tarter sauce, beer battered cod, coleslaw
Vine Brook Tavern also offers an extensive selection of wines, craft micro-brews, and cocktails. Featuring over 20 mostly American wines, Vine Brook Tavern serves these wines through its custom cruvinet system at proper temperatures. With twelve beers on tap and twelve more in bottles and cans, Vine Brook Tavern features a wide selection of craft micro-brews as well as quality production lagers and ales. Of course, the spirits mustn’t be left out, which is why Palmer has enlisted some of Boston’s finest mixologists to create a fantastic mix of modern and contemporary cocktails.
2) Beginning May 18, Prezza will introduce a new pairing special at the bar and in the dining room that is available through June. Macaroni Mondays offers three housemade pasta selections for only $8 each on Mondays from 5:00pm-7:00pm. Chef Caturano’s featured pasta dishes include Tagliatelle with meatballs; Gnocchi with San Marzano tomatoes and basil; and, Orecchiette with sausage, broccoli rabe, chili flakes and parmigiano.
For those looking to imbibe, Prezza will offer a trio of premium red wines by the glass that come paired with a complimentary order of one of the three “Macaroni Mondays” featured pastas. From the Prezza wine cellar, there is Beni di Batasiolo Barolo ($17), Francis Ford Coppola Director's Cut Cabernet Sauvignon ($15) and Castello di Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva ($15).
By popular demand, Chef Caturano is bringing back Crispy Shrimp Tuesdays for a limited time. Each Tuesday from 5:00pm-7:00pm at the bar and in the dining room, Prezza will dish out three U-10 Crispy Shrimp with Italian Slaw and cherry pepper aioli for only $8.
For summer wine enthusiasts, Prezza will feature three premium white and rose varietals by the glass which will come paired with a complimentary order of the Crispy Shrimp: Chateau Miraval Jolie-Pitt Cotes de Provence Rose ($14); CADE Sauvignon Blanc ($15); and, Duckhorn Vineyards Chardonnay ($16).
3) On June 22, Red Sox Designated Hitter David Ortiz is bringing the flavor of his native Dominican Republic to Boston at the third annual “David Ortiz Children’s Fund Gala” hosted at the Boston Marriott Copley Place. Proceeds from the festive fundraiser will benefit the David Ortiz Children’s Fund, in partnership with MassGeneral Hospital for Children and the World Pediatric Project, which provides critical pediatric healthcare to children in New England and the Dominican Republic.
Tickets now are available for the island-inspired soiree where revelers will have the opportunity to mix-and-mingle with Boston’s biggest names in sports and entertainment. Guests also will enjoy a Dominican-themed cocktail reception, live Latin music and entertainment as well as a three-course seated dinner – hosted by Big Papi himself – in honor of the special works and the beneficiaries of the David Ortiz Children’s Fund. All guests will have access to an exclusive silent and live auction featuring unique memorabilia and priceless experiences.
WHEN: Monday • June 22, 2015
6:00pm – 7:00pm: VIP Cocktail Reception
6:00pm – 7:00pm: General Cocktail Reception
7:00pm – 10:00pm: Seated Dinner in the Ballroom
--General Admission (includes access to the general cocktail reception and the dinner program):$450 per person; $800 for two people
--VIP Tickets (includes access to the VIP cocktail reception with David Ortiz and other celebrities, the dinner program, an autographed David Ortiz baseball and a photo opportunity with David Ortiz):
· $1,250 per person; $2,250 for two people
HOW: To reserve tickets, please visit: www.davidortiz.splashthat.com. Tables and sponsorship opportunities are available by contacting Radegen Sports Management’s Alexis Walberg at 212-727-2142 or AWalberg@radegen.com.
4) In honor of the seasonal opening of Fiorella’s outdoor patio, the restaurant is encouraging people to celebrate sun, family and friends on Tuesday, May 26, from 11:30AM – 4PM as it hosts a special day of delicious food and libations and beautiful weather.
Guests to Fiorella’s can treat friends and families to a complimentary lunch entrée courtesy of the restaurant with the regular purchase of any entrée. “We want to welcome our neighbors, friends and essentially our extended family back to a summer full of amazing outdoor dining. We have a lot of amazing events planned for our patio including special wine dinners, tastings, and receptions. We’re looking forward to welcoming everyone back,” said Remon Karian, Owner of Fiorella’s.
Guests can vie for dishes like Tilapia Cannellini featuring fresh tilapia poached with capers, tomatoes & cannellini beans prepared in a delicious lemon and wine sauce served over a bed of fresh spinach & rice pilaf ($14), or the Vegetable Chicken Salad with sautéed chicken and mushroom, zucchini, summer squash & broccoli over a house salad, topped with red onions, cucumbers & olives in a balsamic dressing ($10). Guests can also try one of Fiorella’s classic pastas, artisanal sandwiches, or enjoy one of its thin Neapolitan style pizzas cooked in a 700˚F wood burning brick pizza oven.
Customers must purchase one entrée at regular price, this offer is only valid on Tuesday, May 26th, 2015 from 11:30AM – 4:00PM and is only available on the patio on a first come, first serve basis.