1) On Tuesday, April 12, Bar Boulud, located at Mandarin Oriental, invites guests to welcome Chef Daniel Boulud for two exclusive events, both of which will be hosted at his French-inspired bistro and wine bar in the city’s Back Bay.
From 5PM – 7PM, Chef Daniel Boulud and Chef de Cuisine Jonathan Kilroy will meet, greet, and eat with guests at the “Bar Bites with Boulud” event. As guests enjoy stand-outs from the restaurant’s recently launched Bar Bites menu, like Petite Croque Monsieur boasting warm house-made ham, gruyère cheese and béchamel on toasted white bread, Fried Belly Clam Bites featuring Ipswich belly clam, tartar sauce and lemon on toasted brioche and Charc Bites, an introduction to the restaurant’s house-made charcuterie selections, Chef Boulud and Chef Kilroy will mix and mingle amongst the crowd.
As the evening continues, at 7:30PM, guests looking for a more intimate experience are invited to enjoy a four-course “Spring Supper” menu paired with wines in the restaurant’s private dining room. Chef Boulud and Chef Kilroy, alongside Bar Boulud’s exemplary culinary team, will serve guests a memorable menu of spring-inspired dishes like Ricotta Cavatelli featuring prosciutto, grilled spring onion, pistachio, Romanesco and mint, and Pan-Seared Salmon paired with morels, asparagus, black garlic and onion aigre doux, complemented by wines that will be expertly selected by the restaurant’s newly appointed sommelier, David Bérubé.
COST: $35, Bar Bites with Boulud (includes light bites and a complimentary glass of beer or wine). Cash bar will be available.
$125, Four-Course Spring Supper with Wine Pairings
TICKETS: Available on EventBrite.com
Bar Bites with Boulud: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/bar-bites-with-boulud-tickets-23910074677
Spring Supper: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/spring-supper-with-chef-daniel-boulud-tickets-24236255292
2) Chef/Owner Michael Schlow and the Doretta Taverna team invite guests to join them for an upcoming wine dinner featuring Ktima Gerovassiliou wines. On Monday, April 11th, at 6pm, Doretta Taverna and Raw Bar will be hosting its first-ever wine dinner featuring the Greek wines of Ktima Gerovassiliou.
The evening will include pours of Ktima Gerovassiliou wines, a five-course, signature tasting menu complementing the Greek vintages, and conversation with Ktima Gerovassiliou Assistant Winemaker Thrass Giantsidis about the indigenous and international varieties produced at the winery.
Tickets are $125 plus tax and gratuity and can be reserved by calling (617) 422-0008
3) In celebration of Passover, Cook Newton is offering the neighborhood a selection of special dishes on Friday, April 22 through Saturday, April 30. Executive Chef Paul Turano will serve three unique takes on traditional Seder fare including Matzo Ball Soup ($8), Red Wine Braised Brisket with cauliflower mashed, carrots and pearl onions ($23) and Almond Macaroon Torte with chocolate frosting and berries ($8). The regular menu will also be available.
RSVP: Reservations recommended by calling 617-964-2665.
4) Choul Chnam Thmey, they say! This Khmer (Cambodian) New Year, The Elephant Walk in Boston’s South End neighborhood is celebrating by offering additional Cambodian features from April 13 to April 15. Known for her French/Cambodian culinary fusion, Chef/Owner Nadsa de Monteiro spices up the three-day affair with standout dishes that are reminiscent of her childhood in Cambodia.
Enjoy traditional Cambodian cuisine including Lamb Saraman, lamb shoulder slow cooked in Khmer curry spices with cardamom seeds, stars anise, cinnamon, lemongrass, galangal, turmeric, coconut milk, shrimp paste and sweet yam ($23), Nom Banchok Namya, rice noodles with red coconut sauce of ground catfish with Khmer spices and prahok with green beans, cucumber sprouts, mint and Asian basil ($11), and N’Sahm Chaek, sweet banana enrobed in coconut sticky rice, wrapped in banana leaf and steamed, served warm with coconut cream and toasted sesame seeds ($8.50).
To make a reservation please call 617-247-1500.
5) Chef/Owner Will Gilson is excited to announce the launch of a new bar menu at Puritan & Company. Kicking off spring in a tasty way, the bar menu now offers a variety of delicious bites and is vailable to bar patrons Sunday through Thursday from 5:30pm-11pm. and Friday through Saturday from 5:30pm-12am.
The new menu includes:
Dry-Aged Beef Patty Melt with rye, Swiss cheese, American cheese, special sauce ($18)
Bluefish Pate served with fine herbs and hardtack crackers ($8)
Potato "Spuddies" with parmesan, black pepper, and onion dip ($8)
Buttered Lobster Buns with brown butter, lemon, and sriracha aioli ($17)
Fried Skate Sandwich with remoulade, cabbage-pepper slaw on brioche ($18, buffalo-style for additional $1)
Rosemary-Maple Bar Nuts ($5)
Scallop-Linguisa Dumplings with piri-piri, garlic, paprika ($13)