Friday, March 11, 2022

Chet's Diner in Northboro: A Quick Review

Recently. I spent several days in Marlborough at a conference, so I had a little time to explore some of the culinary offerings in the area. For breakfast one morning, I stopped at Chet's Diner, which was founded in 1934, in Northboro. It's only open for breakfast, serving a variety of traditional breakfast dishes, from bacon and eggs, to Texas french toast, from pancakes to omelets. Prices are very reasonable, and essentially everything costs less than $10. 

Chet's Diner has a homey vibe, with a long counter facing the grill, and it was quite busy when I visited. This is a family operation, and I saw three generations at the diner, although the youngest generation, a small boy, was there just to eat. This is a place of plenty of regular customers, who well know the staff and the other customers. Even though I knew no one, I was treated well too, just like any other customer.

I opted for the Bill K Combo ($9.25), two eggs, bacon (though you could have ham or sausage), hash browns, toast, a pancake, and coffee or tea. Crispy bacon, eggs nicely cooked over easy. A tasty basic breakfast. 

However, the pancake was exceptional. First, it was quite large, covering nearly the entire plate. Second, it was thin, fluffy and light, with a delightful taste. I only slathered butter on my pancake and it was more than sufficient. No need for syrup. It was one of the best pancakes I've enjoyed in quite some time. I would have loved a full stack of these pancakes, and when I return to the area, that is what I'll get. 

If you love breakfast, and are ever in the Northboro area, I recommend you check out t Chet's Diner

No comments: