Monday, March 20, 2023

Rant: My Blog Has Returned!

Last weekend, I was shocked to learn that my blog had been shut down by Google, allegedly for violating their Community Guidelines. No specifics were provided to me so I didn't know what specific guideline I had allegedly violated. I soon after learned that their bots had analyzed my blog and flagged it as potential spam. Google was thus very quick, without any warning, to shut down my blog.

I immediately replied to them, contesting that my blog, which has been in existence for nearly 16 years, was NOT spam. It took them an entire week to finally reinstate my blog. So, I'm very pleased today that my blog is finally back, although I'm not happy with how long it took to reinstate it. 

There is much I plan to write about in the near future, such as restaurant reviews of Surf Seafood (in Woburn), Magia (in Danvers), and Evviva Trattoria (in Stoneham). This week, I'll also attend a preview of the upcoming Bar Vlaha, a new Greek restaurant in Brookline (as well as one of my most anticipated new restaurants of 2023).

The Boston Wine Expo is being held this upcoming weekend, and I look forward to see how it has changed under its new ownership and at a different location. In April, there will be an exciting trade tasting of the wines of Alsace. Also in April, I may be speaking at a Croatian Wine Tasting event at the Moldova restaurant in Newton. I also have some wine, sake, and spirit reviews forthcoming, as well as a couple book reviews. 

I'm also working on new historical articles, conducting deep dives into newspapers archives and elsewhere. And as usual, if you have an idea for a historical article, such as the origins of a specific type of food, please let me know. Maybe I will cover that topic. 

So, it's time for me to get back to writing, and thanks to all of my readers. Please feel free to send me any feedback. Cheers! Kanpai! Živjeli!

No comments: