Monday, December 18, 2023

The Boston Wine Expo: Once Again In March 2024

The Boston Wine Expo is returning in 2024, back at the Park Plaza Hotel, on Saturday, March 2 and Sunday, March 3. The 2-day event will feature over 100 participating wineries from all over the U.S. and select international ones as well. The new Expo is organized by Raffaele Scalzi, the Boston Wine Expo Show Director and Founder of Scalzi Hospitality Corporation.  

There will be two Grand Tastings on both Saturday and Sunday from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 – 6:30 p.m. There is currently no VIP Tasting listed on there website, as there was last year, but I suspect they may announce one in the near future. Tickets to one Grand Tasting does not allow you access to any of the other Grand Tasting events. Tickets are now available and cost $95 per person. 

There are also currently 5 Tasting Class events scheduled, including an Intro to Wine Tasting, Wines of the Piedmont, Belle Glos Pinot Noir, Uncorking Bordeaux, and For The Love of Sake. Each class lasts from 90-120 minutes, and tickets cost $65 per person. I've received some information that additional Tasting Classes will likely be added in the near future. 

A list of the participating wineries and distributors has not yet been released. When that information becomes available, I will post an article with my own recommendations for the wine and spirit booths that Expo attendees should visit. 

I attended last year's Boston Wine Expo, and you can check out my article, The Return of the Boston Wine Expo, for my general thoughts. Overall, I was pleased to see the return of the Expo, which is now a smaller, and more intimate event than what the Expo used to be when it was at the Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center. I just hope that there is more diversity in the types of wines offered this year, showcasing the excellent wines from all over the world. 

Last year, I also wrote about several of my favorite wine tables at the event, including: 
Several wines from the Expo will also end up this week on my end-of-the-year list, Top Twenty Wines of 2023. I'm  intrigued to what changes might come to the Boston Wine Expo this year, to see which additional wineries attend, to see the new seminars, and more. Hopefully, the above wineries and distributors will return in 2024. 

For additional information, sponsorship + exhibitor opportunities, and to purchase tickets, please visit Boston Wine Expo.

No comments: