Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

In my house, fall and winter always seem to be the time for cookie baking. Few things can beat a chocolate chip cookie straight from the oven, the chocolate all gooey. Like many, I enjoy a nice cold glass of milk with my cookies. Though I have some favorite receipes, ones that I have cherished for years, I also enjoying finding new recipes, seeking some new treat. I have found such a treasure.

Catie of Through the Walla Walla Grape Vine recently posted a recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies. It certainly sounded delicious, especially as I like both pumpkin and chocolate chips. I love pumpkin bread at this time of year, generally slathered with butter or whipped cream. So I printed out the recipe for Catie's cookies, hoping someone might make them. And my wife did bake the cookies yesterday.

The cookies, especially fresh from the oven, were absolutely delicious. They were more of a cakey cookie and the pumpkin flavor was more restrained though noticeable. It did not overpower the other flavors of the cookie. My wife did use walnuts rather than pecans, as that was all we had in the house, but they worked well too. Others who tried the cookies loved them too. They were a big hit and I will enjoy more of them today.

Check out Catie's recipe and maybe you too will find a new favorite cookie.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I came here from Catie's blog to tell you I tried those pumpkin cookies in a bar form and your wife might try that next time. They make awsome bar cookies; I just baked them for 30 minutes. They are cake like.