Ashmont's Grill's backyard patio is now open and you'll find it shady by day and it twinkles by night, with subtle strung lighting, now augmented by spot-lit trees. Its private nature is conducive to an alfresco romantic dinner.
June dinner specials are likely to include:
* Local fish like striped bass and yellowfin tuna
* Local greens like green garlic, kale and spinach
* Local strawberries – in a sauces, shortcakes, mojitos
What romantic evening isn’t enhanced by a summer drink? Try such gem as:
* Fleur de Lys: St-Germain added to the classic daiquiri
* Saint Ashmont: St-Germain, Grey Goose, ruby red grapefruit juice
* White Peach or Red Pear Sangria by the pitcher
* Rose’ of Pinot Noir by the bottle
Ashmont Grill's pastry chef Clare Garland has launched a dessert feature called Sundae of the Month. Ice cream flavors and toppings vary, but the base is a fudgy constant: a gigantic, retro brownie. For June, it’s Rocky Road Sundae: Coffee ice cream with hot fudge sauce, homemade marshmallow “fluff” and chopped hazelnuts over a brownie ($8).
Garland also offers a weekly Baker’s Whim, a selection of three mini-desserts on one plate. This week features Malted Milk Ball Ice Cream Truffles, Caramel Pot de Crème and Almond Biscotti ($8).
Garland’s old fashioned fruit cobblers are always in tune with the local farmer’s market, and during June she’s excited about her Blackberry-Nectarine Cobbler ($8). If citrus appeals, her Frozen Key Lime Pie is back for summer ($8).