Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving To All

Though this is a time when many of us reflect upon our lives and consider everything we should be thankful for during the past year, this type of reflection should not be limited to Thanksgiving. We should regularly reflect on our lives and be thankful for what we have. No matter how bad our lives may seem at times, there will always be something of which to be thankful. Seeking the positive may help brighten the darker parts of our lives.

There have been rough episodes for me during the past year, including the loss of two beloved cats, Mosie and Kachina, who were respectively fifteen and fourteen years old.  To some, that might not seem to be that important, but pet owners will understand the closeness you can feel towards an animal. But, I did get a new kitten, Kushi, and I am very thankful for his presence in my life.

I am very thankful for much in my life, including family, friends, health, and much more. It would take too long to list every single thing here, but I do reflect upon them.  And I just hope that others do the same, and not take their lives for granted. Share your feelings with your family and friends.  Tell them that you love them, thank them for being in your life.

Enjoy fine food and drink this Thanksgiving but remember that it is more than a feast. It is also a time for thanks, for all the good that is in your life.

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.

No comments: