Thursday, September 3, 2026

Thursday Sips & Nibbles

I'm back again with a new edition of Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting, upcoming food and drink events. I hope everyone dines out safely, tips well and are nice to their servers.
********************************************************
1) Today, Bistro 5, in Medford, is kicking off their Heirloom Tomato Tasting Menu, which will be available from September 3rd - September 26th. I've previously enjoyed this special Tomato dinner and I strongly recommend you dine there and experience this delicious event.

The Four-Course Tasting Menu includes:
  • Amuse Bouche (Tomato in Maesil Syrup)
  • Zucchini Blossoms Tempura (Zucchini flowers stuffed with Maine lobster, Pink Berkeley Tie Die Tomato Jam)
  • Tomato Spaghetti (Costoluto Genovese, red shrimp, tobiko roe, and tomato dust)
  • Duck Confit (Smoked Speckled Roman tomato crème brûlée, summer squashes and phyllo crisp)
  • Tomato... Sweet Tomato... (Pineapple Heirloom Tomato and gooseberry mousse, basil cream, raspberry glaze)
The tasting menu is also available À la carte and can accommodate most allergies or diets

Cost: Four course tasting menu $95; Wine pairing available $45

You can make a Reservation HERE.

2) On September 1, Anna’s Taqueria introduced its newest mashup of two essential Mexican street food staples: the taquito burrito. Perfect for those whose appetites aren’t ready to commit to an Anna’s “super super” burrito experience on any given day, these perfectly snackable rollups are compact and built for those on-the-go. There are two options: grilled steak & cheese ($5.75 each) with fajita veggies wrapped in a flour tortilla, griddled until crispy, served with your pick of a housemade dipping sauce; and chipotle chicken ($4.75 each) with sweet peppers, fresh cilantro and chipotle sauce packed into a grilled flour with a choice of homemade dipping sauce.

There also is an option to dig into two taquito burritos ($9) of your choosing, or to package your taquito burrito bliss with tortilla chips and a fountain drink ($12).

No comments: