Monday, February 4, 2008

Beija Update

Recently, I reviewed a new, premium Brazilian Cachaça called Beija. Beija impressed me and it did very well with a group of my friends too. Well, I brought some Beija to a Superbowl party yesterday to see how others felt about it.

I don't even want to discuss how the Superbowl itself was a disappointment to Patriots fans. But the Beija did very well. Most of the people tried some Beija with tonic water and enjoyed the unique taste of the Cachaça. None of them had ever tried Cachaça before and they were pleased with its herbal taste. Several commented on how it tasted so very different from the regular rums they had tasted before.

I drank the Beija on the rocks, with a bit of fresh basil in it and a lime. I very much enjoyed this, as the basil pairs very well with the herbal notes of the Cachaça.

By the end of the evening, there was only a small amount of Beija remaining in the bottle. It had been a hit. So I continue to heartily recommend Beija and hope you will give it a try.

No comments: