After deciding not to open shop in Charlestown, Petit Robert Bistro will be opening a third location in Needham.
French master chef Jacky Robert already has successful outposts in Kenmore Square (since 2005) and the South End of Boston (since 2006). This third French bistro will capture all the ambiance and authenticity of its brethren, but with one critical difference … free parking!
Suburban fans of this savvy chef’s sauces, stews and other Gallic specialties like tripe, pig’s feet, cassoulet, souffles and pates will be pleased to know that the menu, wine list, prices and service will be exactly the same as its big city counterparts. Even the iconic wrought-iron Eiffel Tower out front will be replicated.
Doors to the new bistro, located at 45 Chapel Street in Needham, Massachusetts (approx. 15 miles west of Boston) are expected to open on or around October 15.
Beginning in October, all three Petit Robert Bistro's will feature:
* Frog’s Legs Provencal / Tripe Provencal
* U10 Scallops Parissiene served in-shell
* Poached Salmon Steak a la Nage
* Escalope de Venison with Blueberries and Foie Gras
* Pan-Seared Sweetbreads in Creamy Leek-Mustard Sauce
* Lamb Shank and Merguez Sausage with Garlicky White Beans
* Smoked Marinated Herring Fillets with warm potato salad
* Fish Quenelles in Lobster Sauce
* Frisee and Duck Leg Salad
* Citron Tart Brulee … Crepes Suzette … Crème Caramel … Colossal Profiterole