Tuesday, March 13, 2012

All About The International Boston Seafood Show

The 2012 International Boston Seafood Show (IBSS) is now over and it is nearly time for this Fish Head Whisperer to take a rest. The 2nd Annual iPura Tweet & Blogfest is also winding down, and will end at midnight this evening. As the reigning champion, I have worked hard these past three days in a frenzied and valiant attempt to retain my crown, and to win both prizes. Numerous other local bloggers attended the Seafood Show as well, and a flood of blog posts, tweets and more have begun to circulate. It seems clear that the sheer number of posts will far surpass last year's total. It is also clear that blogger coverage of the IBSS will dominate, in quantity and quality, any coverage by the two local newspapers. Kudos to the future of new media!

I knew that in order to remain competitive with all of the other participating bloggers, I would have to step up my game from last year. I believe I accomplished that goal in a major way and I am proud of all the effort I have put into this endeavor. In the end, I will have written at least 14 blog posts, three times more than the 4 blog posts I wrote last year. As usual, I tweeted like a mad man too, ranging from the silly to the serious. Overall, it was fun, delicious, educational and a worthy challenge. I hope that all of my competitors feel the same way as I. But how will I top this next year?

To be beneficial for my readers, I am compiling all of the links to my International Boston Seafood Show posts into a single place. This post will be that repository, and as such will be updated whenever I write another article about IBSS. There is a good possibility that I will follow up on certain seafood issues in the near future. The posts will be listed in chronological order, from newest to oldest. And if you have any questions about the Seafood Show, feel free to ask.

Aquaculture & Cobia
How A Restaurant Becomes Sustainable
Fish Fun & Photos
State of Fisheries Address
Japan & Seafood
Food Of Interest
Verlasso Farmed Salmon
Consumers Purchasing Sustainable Seafood
A Sustainability Primer
Status & Safety of Japanese Seafood
Twelve Things You Should Know
Wine & Seafood
An Interview With Monty
Boston Food Bloggers, The Gauntlet of Poseidon Has Been Thrown

All Hail the Fish Head Whisperer!

2 comments:

Nightlife in Singapore said...

Not all people give preference to the car sales but I think after reading this post definitely they will start considering the importance of boston seafood. Good information

Food food said...

The clarity in your post is just nice and i can assume you are an expert on this subject.The above articles is pretty extraordinary, and I really enjoyed reading your blog and points that you expressed.