Sunday, March 11, 2012

International Boston Seafood Show: An Interview With Monty

This is Monty, a Hawaiian Big-Eye Tuna, who graciously consented to an interview with me about seafood sustainability.

During today's 2012 International Boston Seafood Show (IBSS), as I wandered the numerous aisles, perusing the plethora of booths, I kept an eye open for potential interview subjects. We hear from so-called human experts all the time, but shouldn't we get the viewpoint of the victims? Though I discussed the matter with several fish, and might interview one or two of them another time, Monty stood out as the most charismatic and passionate. I think he is a smart fish and understands the key issues of seafood sustainability. He was able to put it very simply for what he refers to as the "land walkers" aka "humans."

So watch this brief interview and I hope you are touched by Monty's words and will decide to choose to eat only sustainable seafood.


As Monty says: "I want my children and grandchildren to have a future. Wouldn't you want the same for your family?"

(Thanks very much to the good people at Hawaiian Fresh Seafood for allowing me to interview Monty.)

No comments: