1) Andy Husbands is the Chef/Owner of Tremont 647 and forthcoming concept The Smoke Shop, a barbecue restaurant slated to open this Spring in Cambridge. On March 25 and 26, from 10:30pm-12:30am, Andy Husbands is teaming up with Chef Peter Ungar of Tasting Counter to host The Smoke Shop’s Late Nite Pop Up. The Smoke Shop is Husbands’ heart and soul and his passion project. The Smoke Shop is about honoring the roots of barbecue and moving forward to establish new traditions just as he has throughout his years on the completion circuit.
The menu for The Smoke Shop Late Nite Pop Up includes:
--Burnt Ends Sliders traditional: sweet and spicy slaw, first place glaze served with Gram’s pickles or new style: kimchi, sesame aioli served with Gram’s pickles $5/each
--Pulled Pork Sliders traditional: sweet and spicy slaw, Red State pork sauce served with Gram’s pickles or new style: bahn mi, fresh herbs, fried shallots, yuzu nauc chum served with Gram’s pickles $5/each
--Hot Fish Sliders sour pickles, mayo $5/each
--Fried Chicken & Waffle Croquettes maple and butter $5/order
--Mini Cornbread Loaf honey sea salt butter $2/each
--4 Layer Brownies $3/each
--Rainbow Treats $3/each
Additionally, Tasting Counter will be offering a selection of natural wine, local cider and a crafty cocktail or two, all only $8/each.
2) This spring, Legal Sea Foods in Charles Square will take a trip down south with their Live Crawfish Boil. For three straight weekends, the Charles Square location will host this craw-fest by dishing out a Cajun special, prepared and priced for two. The “Two If By Sea” limited time menu feature packs together two pounds of first-of-the-season boiled Louisiana crawfish with red bliss potatoes, andouille sausage and corn on the cob.
WHEN: March 18-20 & 25-27; April 1-3, from 11:00am-11:00pm
COST: $28 for two people (excludes tax & gratuity)
For Reservations, please call 617-491-9400
3) On March 17, sister restaurants Foundry on Elm and Saloon will welcome St. Patrick to Somerville’s Davis Square for a night of merriment and Irish specialties.
At Foundry on Elm, lovers of fine food and ale will be treated to executive chef Shayne Nunes’ St. Patrick’s Day special of Guinness Braised Corned Beef & Cabbage with roasted red potatoes, baby carrots and stone ground mustard ($22).
Downstairs in Saloon’s speakeasy, Chef Nunes will dish out Bangers & Roasted Garlic Mash with caramelized shallot beef gravy ($12) that is designed to complement Saloon’s extensive Irish whiskey collection. The beverage team also will pour a specialty cocktail, The Cardinal, with Jameson, Cardamaro, red wine, lemon juice and simple syrup ($11).
4) Chef Dan Bazzinotti and the BISq team invite guests to join them every Monday and Tuesday night, from 5:30pm-10pm, for dollar ($1) oysters. Guests can now enjoy fresh, local oysters for just one dollar each. Quite a bargain.
5) On March 23, at 6:30pm, join the culinary team at Bar Boulud, Boston for a personalized, educational wine journey. Bar Boulud, Boston will host “Sip & Savor,” an educational wine dinner featuring Italy’s Veneto wine region.
Showcasing selections from the Bertani family, whose name carries centuries of winemaking expertise, the evening will explore four classically complex wines, beautifully paired with unique, seasonal dishes from Chef de Cuisine Jonathan Kilroy and Pastry Chef Robert Differ.
The “Sip & Savor” wine dinner will be served as follows:
Fluke Crudo (Omani lime, Radish, Calabrian chili, Olive oil)
Paired with Tenuta Santa Maria alla Pieve 2013 “Lepia” Soave DOC
Seared Octopus (Orange, Olives, Almonds, Tarragon pesto)
Paired with Tenuta Santa Maria alla Pieve 2012 “Torre Pieve” Chardonnay, IGT Verona
Braised Lamb Shank (Treviso, Bean Ragout, Hen-of-the-Woods Mushrooms)
Paired with Tenuta Santa Maria alla Pieve
2013 Valpolicella Ripasso Superiore DOC
2009 Amarone Classico della Valpolicella DOCG
Équatoriale Bittersweet Mousse (Almond biscuit, Mint stracciatella gelato)
COST: $95 per person (includes tax and gratuity)
TICKETS: Available on EventBrite.com https://www.eventbrite.com/e/sip-savor-italian-veneto-wines-tickets-21722396272
6) Any kind of Eggs Benedict you can dream up, finished off with a fresh beignet...yes, please. Anthem Kitchen + Bar invites you to join them for their special Bennys and Beignets Brunch on March 20. From 9am 'til 2pm, Chef Ben Hennemuth will be poaching eggs for SIX different takes on classic Eggs Benedict (including a benny burger, of course) and frying up some sweet, fresh beignets. This exclusive brunch menu will only be available that day; don't miss out!
The Bennys and Beignets Brunch menu includes:
Lobster Benny - poached eggs, hollandaise, native lobster, Portuguese muffin + breakfast potatoes
Country Benny - poached eggs, braised greens, buttermilk fried chicken, sausage ale gravy on a Portuguese muffin + breakfast potatoes
Huevos Rancheros Benny - poached eggs, black beans, crispy chorizo, avocado, Tobasco hollandaise on a Portuguese muffin + breakfast potatoes
Crab Cake Benny - poached eggs, Jonah crab cakes, Tobasco hollandaise on a Portuguese muffin + breakfast potatoes
Irish Benny - poached eggs, house braised corn beef hash, whole grain mustard, hollandaise on a Portuguese muffin
Benny Burger - poached egg, apple smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, hollandaise served on a Portuguese muffin with breakfast potatoes
And the beignets? They'll be topped with orange zest, powdered sugar, and Nutella. The perfect end to brunch. Not looking for eggs benny or sweet, sugar topped beignets? Anthem Kitchen + Bar has your brunch covered. They will also be serving their regular brunch menu during the Bennys and Beignets Brunch.
Reservations can be made by calling 617-720-5570.
7) On Saturday, April 2, from 2pm-8pm, Brass Union again will host the sixth annual Music vs. Cancer event to benefit the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. The day party will feature live music entertainment provided by deejays J-Wall, Big Lebowski and Ryan Brown in addition to performances by acoustic artists Dave Wells and Ali McGuirk. Brass Union will dish out complimentary appetizers and there will be a silent auction and raffle. For those looking to get their game on, there will be a charity shuffleboard tournament with a $150 cash prize.
Brass Union’s music curator, Jeff Wallace, will be spearheading the fundraiser. Wallace’s mother, Eileen, is a breast cancer survivor who has been cancer-free for 12 years. A cause close to everyone’s hearts, the donations will help supplement Eileen’s fundraising initiatives for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute as she prepares to run her seventh Boston Marathon for the Dana-Farber Marathon Challenge Team. In the past years, Ellen has raised more than $80,000 for the cause.
COST: $10 minimum onsite donation to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute. Gift donations also accepted at rundfmc.org/2016/eileenw.