Sunday, September 23, 2007

2004 Buehler Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon


I first had this wine at a wine dinner at KroMel's, which is now Melissa's Main Street Bistro. I enjoyed it so much that the next day I went out to buy some of the wine.

Buehler Vineyards is a small, family-owned winery located in the mountains east of St. Helena in Napa Valley. Their 2004 Buehler Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon ($25) is 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. It is a very dark red in color with an intriguing sublte nose of dark berries. It is a smooth wine on the palate with moderate tannins on the finish, which make it better as a food wine. There are rich flavors of blackberries and maybe a little plum. There is also a touch of herb on the finish.

At this price point, it is an excellent choice for a Cabernet. It is complex, balanced and delicious. It would go well with lamb, venison, or steaks. Buehler Vineyards makes two high-end Cabernets and I am going to seek those out as this wine impressed me. Recommended Drink & Buy.

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Here were my notes when I had this wine:

4/24/2007 rated 91 points: There is not a lot of volume on the nose of this wine but what is there is beautiful, rich, seductive fruit. Medium-bodied with a lot of fine tannins but with dark, rich fruit underneath.

Richard Auffrey said...

Hi Jeff.

Thanks for your notes on this wine. It is good to see someone else who also enjoyed this wine.

Sonadora said...

I had this one not too long ago, a gift from my mother in law. We loved it!

http://wannabewino.blogspot.com/search/label/Buehler%20Vineyard

Richard Auffrey said...

Hello Sonadora,

Thanks for the info on the Papa's Knoll. I will definitely have to look out for that one.