Friday, May 9, 2008

First Anniversary Contest!

In honor of the First Anniversary of A Passionate Foodie, I am holding a Special Contest to reward my readers. It is simple to enter but your chances of winning will increase with a bit more work.

First, the Grand Prize will be a $100 gift certificate for food or wine. The specific nature of gift certificate will depend on where the winner lives. For example, I am not going to give a gift certificate to a Boston restaurant to someone who lives in South Africa. I will customize the gift certificate to the winner's location, as well as partially to their preferences. The main key will be my ability to purchase the gift certificate. So there won't be any worries about shipping problems or such. Anyone can win and enjoy this Prize.

How do you enter? The first, and easiest, way to enter is to just post a comment here with your first name and email address. That gives you one Entry Ticket into the Prize Drawing.

But there is a way to earn more Entry Tickets. I am ten Quiz questions below. For each question you answer correctly, you will receive another Entry Ticket. So, your chances of winning significantly improve if you take the time to answer the Quiz questions. All of the Quiz answers can be found on my blog.

Please email me your Answers at ubarluther@aol.com. DO NOT post them in the comments here.

As an added bonus, the first person to submit a Quiz with all of the correct answers will recieve 3 bonus Entry Tickets.

The deadline for this Contest will be midnight on May 31. I will then randomly choose a winner and announce the results during the first week of June. Good luck!!!

QUIZ QUESTIONS:

1. In city and state is Turtle Creek Winery located?

2. What is the name of the tour company I used for my trip to Spain?

3. What does the word "Hoshiusagi" mean in English?

4. What is the name of the all-Spanish wine store in the East Village in New York City?

5. What is the title of my first ever post on A Passionate Foodie?

6. What is the name of the only wine from Luxembourg I have reviewed?

7. Which auction house is now running wine auctions in Boston?

8. What is the name of the new Brazilian Cachaca created by two men from Boston?

9. What is the name of the newspaper for which I write a weekly food/wine column?

10. What was my favorite food/wine movie of 2007?

12 comments:

Taster B said...

Can bloggers enter? :)

Richard Auffrey said...

Yes, everyone, including other bloggers, can enter. :)

Anonymous said...

Christine

Jen said...

Jen

Anonymous said...

Sharon

Hey-nonny Bosh said...

David

Anonymous said...

Russ

Gabriella Opaz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gabriella Opaz said...

Gabriella

Unknown said...

Mike

Pam said...

Pam

And congrats on your first year!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary!
Kathleen