I am back again with a new edition of Thursday Sips & Nibbles, my regular column where I highlight some interesting, upcoming food & drink events.
Post 390 is pulling out all the stops beginning with a special summer Après Beach Party, inspired by the latest menu, on Thursday, August 30 in Post 390’s Tavern from 4:30PM – 8:00PM. The festivities include fun swag, summer games such as corn hole, passed appetizers specially inspired by the new Après Beach menu, and refreshing libations. Guests are welcomed to stop by and check out all the fun at Back Bay’s dining destination.
The full Après Beach menu is as follows:
· Marinated Brandt Bavette Steak Tips - anchovy focaccia toast
· Ham & Cheddar Macaroni Salad - salt & vinegar chips
· Smoked St. Louis Pork Ribs - pineapple-fresno bbq, fried dill pickles
· Sliced Hot Italian Sausage - sautéed longhorn peppers & onions, griddled toast, beer mustard
· New England Lobster “Roll” - buttered brioche, dollop of mayo, b&b pickles
· Crispy-Fried Whole Belly Clams - cape-style tartar sauce
· Sweet & Spicy Korean Fried Chicken Oysters - gochujang hot sauce, toasted sesame
· Mexican Street Corn - corn chip, grilled corn, lime & cumin aioli, cotija cheese, cilantro
· Hawaiian Brick Oven Pizza - pineapple, jalapeno, house-made ham
· Crab & Corn Brick Oven Pizza - creamed corn, crispy bacon lardon, fresh local crab
2) On Monday, September 10th, Kings Bowl Dedham, along with New England Patriots Running Back James White, Boston Medical Center, and Blue Sky Sports & Entertainment, will be hosting the 9th annual Sweet Feet for Strikes fundraiser, formerly the Mayo Bowl, to benefit the Boston Medical Center.
As the largest professional athlete-attended event in New England, the tournament attracts over 400 attendees and high-profile sports celebrities annually, including many past and present New England Patriots. In 2017, Sweet Feet for Strikes raised over $400,000- contributing to the $2.3 million it has raised since it’s 2010 inaugural event to fund medical care at Boston Medical Center for Boston’s inner-city youth.
Beginning at 6 p.m., the evening’s schedule of events includes:
6:00pm - Red Carpet & Team Check In
7:00pm - Celebrity Introductions
7:15pm - Bowling Tournament Begins
8:30pm - Live Auction
9:00pm - Silent Auction Closes
9:30pm - Award Ceremony
A limited number of GA tickets are available for purchase here: www.sweetfeetforstrikes.com. Sponsorship opportunities are also available. All guests must be 21+.
3) On September 13, Legal Sea Foods’ will bring half-shell hedonism to mollusk mavens and oyster newbies during their 10th Annual “Oyster Festival.” For four weeks, a sequence of in-restaurant menu features and two special events will celebrate everything oyster and all are invited who share the belief “the world is your oyster.”
Bivalve specialties will be available for the duration of the Oyster Festival and include Fried Oysters (three for $10) in four preparations (buffalo, BBQ, sriracha lime and BLT); Baked Oysters (three for $12) available in a quartet of options (lobster spinach, crab & cheese, scampi and roasted); and the Legal Sea Foods teams will shuck seasonal standouts at their raw bars daily for those who opt to go au natural. Legals also suggests washing it down with the official drink of the 2018 Oyster Festival, the Deadrise, with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, muddled cucumber, lime and grapefruit bitters ($11).
On September 15 at 2pm, Legal Sea Foods’ al fresco Charles Terrace (20 University Road, Cambridge) will host their annual “Shellfish Shindig” event that has shucked oysters by the bushel for only $1 per slurp. Followed by a “Mollusk Mania” extravaganza at Legal Harborside (270 Northern Avenue, Boston) on September 23 at 1pm, featuring a raw bar of six varieties as well as four prepared appetizers available first-come, first-served; get 'em while they last! (Complimentary admission.)
The Oyster Festival is celebrated at all Legal Sea Foods locations throughout Massachusetts, with the exception of airport venues.
WHEN: Oyster Festival: September 13-October 10, 2018
Shellfish Shindig: September 15 from 2pm-4pm
Mollusk Mania: September 23 from 1pm-3pm