Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Red Leaf

(Originally posted 7/16/06)

I visited Red Leaf, a new Chinese/Japanese restaurant in Nashua, NH. It occupies the space of the previous Osaka Tea Garden. They have an extensive menu of Chinese and Japanese dishes, enough choices to satisfy any one's preferences. Prices are reasonable as well.

I checked out the Sake list and they only have a handful of selections, including Sho Chiku Bai, Momokawa Diamond and Hakushika Junmai Ginjo. Now the Hakushika is listed on the sake list just as "Junmai Ginjo" without the name of the brewery so ask about it. I got a bottle of the Hakushika as I enjoy it alot. It was $15.95, which is a little less than double its retail price of $9. They served it with a chilled sake cup (very nice) and with a bucket of ice so the bottle could sit in it and stay chilled. That is a great service for those who enjoy chilled sake.

For dinner, I had a couple f the Japanese BBQ dishes, the beef and scallops. They were very good, especialy the scallops, in a nice BBQ sauce. I also ordered some sushi, including tamago (egg), unagi (eel), maguro (tuna) and some white tuna. A ll of the sushi was fresh and there were good sized pieces of fish. The eel was especially tasty. There are a number of other menu items I would like to try and I definitely will return here.

Red Leaf
295 Daniel Webster Highway
Nashua, NH
Phone: (603) 888-7999
http://www.redleafnashua.com/

No comments: