Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Sakura Bana

(Originally posted 4/7/06)

Last evening, I stopped at Sakura Bana, on Broad Street in Boston. It is a little Japanese restaurant and I had not been there in a couple of years at least. But, I had always enjoyed it before. I had some sushi and sake and was very pleased with the results. The sushi contained large pieces of fresh and tasty fish. I had maguro (tuna), white tuna, anago (eel) and tamago (egg). I accompanied the sushi with a Hakushika nama, a light and clean tasting bottle of sake. It was nice to rediscover an old favorite.

Though I did not have it last evening, Sakura makes an awesome dessert. Banana tempura! What a decadent pleasure!

Sakura Bana
57 Broad Street
Boston, MA
Phone: (617) 542-2320
http://www.sakurabanaonline.com/

Sakurabana in Boston

No comments: