1) Executive Chef/Partner Robert Sisca and Head Sommelier Todd Lipman of Bistro du Midi present the first month of the three-part Summer Rosé Tour, running now through August. While Rosé wines are enjoyed year round, they are most prominently celebrated in the summer months. To embrace the ever-growing popularity of this wine, Bistro du Midi is presenting the 2015 Summer Rosé Tour. Head Sommelier Todd Lipman has compiled an assortment of intriguing selections to be offered in multiple formats. These wines pair beautifully with Chef Robert Sisca’s featured dish of the month, highlighting the remarkable flavors of Provençe.
The full June menu is as follows:
--Lobster Roll du Midi (black truffle, apples, sea salt bun) $25
2013 L'Escarelle, Cuvée Esca Rosé, IGP Var
Dry, citrusy, and mineral with advanced texture and loads of focus
11 glass / 16.50 pichet / 24 demi / 48 bottle
2014 Côté Mas, Rosé Aurore, Sud de France
Dry and crisp with cranberry notes and hints of herbs de Provence
12 glass / 18 pichet / 26 demi / 52 bottle
2014 Jean-Luc Colombo, Cape Bleue Rosé, VdP Méditerranée
Soft and elegant, yet dry with hints of tropical fruit and fresh flowers
13 glass / 19.50 pichet / 29 demi / 58 bottle
2) Bread & Salt Hospitality recently announced their first permanent restaurant, Juliet, opening in Somerville's Union Square, and for the past couple of weeks have been running a Kickstarter campaign to help make this vision a reality.
As the campaign comes to a close, Bread & Salt invites you to join them for a special celebration at Cuisine en Locale on Saturday, June 13 from 7pm-10pm. Enjoy food inspired by Josh & Katrina's recent trip to Seville and Barcelona, hear more about their plans & progress, and be among the first to learn of some exciting news for the near future.
Tickets ($25) include food and one complimentary entry into the Juliet raffle (dinner for four in the restaurant once open). Guests can also contribute further to the Kickstarter campaign and choose from a variety of experiences curated by Bread & Salt Hospitality and their friends, including: breakfast and/or dinner at Juliet, a catered dinner for ten in your home, the chance to be lobsterman for a day out on the boat with Snappy Lobster, and more!
The menu (subject to change) includes:
--selection of spanish hams
--marinated mussels on tomato garlic bread
--monkfish with brown butter, potatoes, and romesco
--grilled cheese with avocado and tomato jam
--grilled union square farmers market vegetables with garlic, lemon, and olive oil
--marcona almonds with saffron and lime
Beverages available for purchase from cash bar.
TICKETS: $25, available at http://breadandsaltatcuisineenlocale.eventbrite.com
3) While every culture celebrates the coming of the summer solstice in their own way, in countries such as Sweden, Finland and Estonia, “Midsummer's Eve” is considered one of the greatest festivals of the year-- rivaling Christmas and New Year’s Eve. The celebration of the summer solstice predates Christianity and is celebrated with food, libations, activities and games including the traditional dance around the maypole.
Join in the festivities at Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro as it commemorates the holiday through food & drink with its traditional “Midsommarmiddag” or “Midsummer Dinner” beginning Monday, June 15, and continuing until Sunday, June 21. Available 5:30pm – 11pm (10pm on Sunday) for $47 per person (not including tax & gratuity), the traditional prix fixe menu will be served in conjunction with the Bistro’s regular menu and dinner service. h, 2015 – Sunday, June 21st, 2015. 5:30PM – 11:00PM (10:00PM on Sunday). COST: $47.00 per person (not including tax & gratuity)
AMUSE: GRAVLAX MED RÖDBETOR OCH RÅGBRÖDSSMULOR
Gravlax with Beets and Rye Crumble
GLASMÄSTARSILL MED TILLBEHÖR
Pickled Herring with Baby Potatoes, Dill and Knäckebröd
VÄSTERBOTTENPAJ MED INLAGDA SOMMARGRÖNSAKER OCH TOMATVINAIGRETTE
Västerbotten Cheese Tart with Marinated Summer Vegetables and Charred Tomato Vinaigrette
GRILLAD FLÄSKFILE MED FÄRSKA ÄRTOR, ROSTAD PERSIKA OCH KANTARELLER
Grilled Berkshire Pork Loin with Summer Peas, Roasted Stonefruit and Chanterelles
MANDELOSTKAKA MED JORDGUBBAR, MINT OCH GLASS MED SMAK AV FÄNKÅL
Almond Cheesecake with Strawberries, Mint and Fennel Ice Cream
AQUAVIT: LINIE (NORWAY) 8.00
CARLSBERG BEER (DENMARK) 6.50
Reservations are recommended by calling 617-723-7575.
4) TAMO Bistro & Bar at the Seaport Hotel will be hosting a special Glenlivet Dinner on June 23, from 6pm-9pm, for whiskey lovers, featuring a four-course dinner and scotch pairings by Seaport Chef Robert Tobin. Peter Karras, Master of Scotch, and Pernod Ricard will be on-hand throughout the intimate dinner to discuss the various forms of scotch being served and their nuances.
The dinner will be preceded by a cocktail reception from 6:00pm-7:00pm.
“Glenlivet Dinner” Menu
Beef Carpaccio with Thai spices, Spring Pesto, and Housemade Pasta
Fishermen’s Stew with Mussels, Shrimp, Cod and Cayenne
Grilled Lamb Loin with Chimichurri, Smoked Barley, Favas and Grilled Asparagus
Scotched Bananas Foster
Featured scotches include: Glenlivet 12, 15, 18, Nadurra Olorosso, Aberlour Abunad'h
COST: Tickets are $85 per guest and can be purchased online at: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/glenlivet-dinner-tickets-17086589449
Guests must be 21+
Haru has 12 specialty Maki rolls including the Super Dynamite Roll (tempura-style tuna, freshwater eel and asparagus roll with sriracha, spicy mayo and eel sauces - $13.75), Back Bay Roll (edible 24K gold leaf, mango, avocado, tempura flakes and spicy red and white tuna - $18; pictured below, left), Lobster Roll (lobster, Boston lettuce, spicy mayo, avocado, cucumber, mango and tobiko - $16), Boston unCommon Roll (crunchy spicy salmon, tuna, avocado, mango, black tobiko and edible 24K gold leaf - $18; pictured below, center), Dragon Roll (eel and avocado wrapped around kani and cucumber - $17.75), Perfect Fantasy Roll (avocado-wrapped shrimp tempura and asparagus with spicy mayo ($13.50) and the Strawberry Fin Roll (crunchy spicy yellowtail, jalapeño peppers and mango topped with scallops, wasabi tobiko and fresh strawberries - $16.75; pictured below, right). As a seasonal specialty item available through July 6, Haru has a roll featuring the best from land and sea: Oscar Roll (beef tataki, snow crab, asparagus, lemon dressing - $18).
Legal Harborside serves up variety of sushi including these specialty maki such as Harborside Tempura Lobster Roll (avocado, lobster, tobiko, spicy mayo and teriyaki – MP), Orange Dragon Roll (spicy salmon roll topped with salmon - $12.50), Caterpillar Roll (eel roll topped with avocado and teriyaki - $13.95) and the Hawaiian Roll (spicy tuna roll with salmon and avocado on top - $12.50).
TAMO Bistro & Bar provides some intriguing Maki rolls such as the Vegetable Rainbow Roll (mozzarella, balsamic, cucumber, avocado, tomato, zucchini, carrot, squash - $10), Volcano Roll (baked scallop, crab meat, tobiko, avocado, cucumber, toasted sesame - $15), Spicy Tuna Roll (raw tuna, Dynamite sauce and tempura flour crunch set on an inside out cucumber & avocado roll, garnished with potato sticks - $13) and Seared Salmon Toro Roll (inside out cucumber & avocado roll garnished with pineapple sauce - $13).
6) On June 28 & 29, Legal Oysteria will host Italian brunch and lunch services to benefit the local community of Charlestown. Beneficiaries of the fundraiser include the Monument Square Neighborhood Association and the Friends of the Training Field. With the purchase of a $10 ticket, that is donated directly to the featured organizations, guests will receive a $10 dining credit redeemable on June 28 during brunch service or June 29 during lunch service. Additionally, guests will receive a $10 dining voucher redeemable on a future visit.
Legal Oysteria’s brunch highlights with an Italian flare include the Stuffed French Toast (cannoli cream, strawberries, maple syrup - $7); Breakfast Pizza (bacon, scrambled eggs, mozzarella $11); Baked Eggs in Tomato Sauce (chickpeas and fontina, whole wheat olive toast - $8); and, Sopressata & Fontina Omelet (homefries, whole wheat olive toast - $11).
For lunch, favorites include the Crispy Fried Calamari (salsa rossa - $10); Charred Octopus (tomato, potato, coriander vinaigrette - $10); Roasted Calm Pizza (garlic, oregano, mozzarella, pecorino - $11); Linguini and Clams ($17); and, Baked Oyster (shrimp, pancetta, mushroom - $4).
Advance tickets are required. To reserve tickets, please visit: http://www.legalseafoods.com/index.cfm/page/Benefit-BrunchLunch,-June-28-29/cdid/45857/pid/43564.
7) Ward 8 is now offering Lobster Clambakes every Sunday evening, starting at 5pm for $33 per person. Ward 8 Executive Chef Kenny Schweizer has created a version of the New England summertime favorite: the lobster clambake. Included in the individual Lobster Clambake will be clams, corn on the cob, mussels, lobster, and chorizo sausage. Bar Manager Mike Wyatt will offer a New England beer pairing for an additional $8 with the clambake.
When: Every Sunday starting June 14 through September 27
Reservations are suggested but not necessary. All reservations can be made via phone at 617-823-4478.