Sandrine's Bistro in Cambridge has a number of new menu items for the Spring plus a couple of upcoming events that might be of interest.
Here are highlights from the Spring menu:
· Scallops Provencal with Gateau de Riz, tapenade sauce ($29)
· Butter-Poached Maine Lobster Risotto with spring vegetables in cognac sauce ($32)
· Terre et Mer: Blue Water Prawns with Choucroute Timbale and a Grilled Marinated Quail with roasted new potatoes ($29)
· Smoked Paprika & Curry-Dusted Rack of Lamb with roasted long-stem artichokes and garlic-tomato reduction ($34)
· Medley of Spring Vegetable Croustade with tofu and basil drizzle ($21)
· Pot au Feu Style Asparagus Ravioli in tomato broth ($19)
And here are two upcoming events:
June 21: Sandrine’s Bistro celebrates the first annual Make Music Harvard Square event on the summer solstice with talented local musicians performing al fresco al over town, and especially on Holyoke Street. See their website for details and matching prix fixe menus, or learn more about the entire day's festivities at www.harvardsquare.com.
July 14: Sandrine’s Bistro will host THE Bastille Day party in Cambridge this year with an ultra-authentic French menu priced at just $25 per person all day. Decorations, music and a champagne cocktail called BluBlancRouge will be featured. Reservations recommended.
As a bonus, here is a special new cocktail provided by Sandrine's Bistro.
The French Night: A summer cocktail with a kick.
1 ½ oz cognac, preferably Remy Martin
¾ oz Cointreau
¼ oz green chartreuse
Shake all three liquors together with cracked ice. Strain into a chilled martini glass.
(You can check out my recent review of Sandrine's Bistro).
8 Holyoke Street