Saturday, June 23, 2007

2004 Diemersdal Pinotage


Pinotage is a varietal that you generally either like or dislike. There is often little middle ground. Most Pinotage is found in South Africa though a few other countries are growing some now. I have long been a fan of Pinotage, enjoying its earthiness and unique taste.

The 2004 Diemersdal Pinotage ($16) is a South African wine. I found this to be a good Pinotage but not exceptional. It will also probably appeal more to fans of Pinotage than garner converts. The wine is medium bodied with a strong earthy flavor and some spice. The fruits flavors are more muted. There is a medium length finish. The others who shared this bottle with me were divided on it. Generally those who like Pinotage liked this wine.

I would Drink and Buy this wine though it might not be my first choice.

No comments: