Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Flatbread Company

I returned to the Flatbread Company in Bedford for lunch. My last visit had gone very well. This second visit was an equally as good experience.

We gain ordered a small Cheese and Herb pizza, which was just as good this time. We also ordered a Jay’s Heart, but with sausage. The sausage is made on the premises and is seasoned with fennel. It tastes sweet and made for an interesting topping. I think on my next visit I may combine their pepperoni and sausage together. The spicy pepperoni will provide a nice contrast to the sweet sausage.

For dessert, we tried the chocolate chip banana bread sundae. Like the brownie, the banana bread was warmed in the clay oven and then served with vanilla and chocolate ice cream, whipped cream, and covered with chocolate sauce. You actually get a choice of ice cream, whether all vanilla, all chocolate or a scoop of both. The banana bread was very moist, filled with bananas and chocolate. I would recommend this dessert.

Service was very good. Once again, our waitress was pleasant, courteous and did her job very well.

Flatbread Company has been consistent so far on these two visits and I continue to recommend it.

Flatbread Company
213 Burlington Rd.
Bedford, MA
Phone: (781) 275-8200

Flatbread Co on Urbanspoon

No comments: