Saturday, December 8, 2007

Pignone's Cafe

Breakfast is certainly one of my favorite meals. I am always on the lookout for good places to satisfy my craving for breakfast foods. I have found a new place to sate these desires.

Pignone’s Café just recently opened in Stoneham. This small café is located in a small strip of stores next to the Bank of America. It occupies a space that had been another cafe which had not impressed me. There is parking in front of the restaurant.

They serve only breakfast and lunch. They are open seven days a week, though they serve only breakfast on the weekends. During the week, they are open from 6am-2:30pm. On weekends, they are open from 6am-1:30pm. Breakfast is available at all times. The café has about twelve tables including a few that can hold up to eight people.

Their breakfast menu is quite extensive, including eggs, breakfast sandwiches, omelets, pancakes, waffles, French toast and a bunch of specials. Prices are reasonable. For example, for $5 you can get two eggs, bacon, toast and home fries. Their Breakfast Sandwich ($4.95) is served on a large English muffin or bagel, and has two eggs, two pieces of cheese and meat (3 pieces of bacon, 2 sausages or ham).

I had the Spartan Special ($7.95) which comes with pancakes or French toast, 2 eggs, choice of meat, toast and home fries. This was quite a plate of food. I had three halves of very good, cinnamon French toast. The eggs, over easy, were large and cooked just right. I got three pieces of crisp bacon and the home fries were cubes of potatoes. The two pieces of toast were large, thick slices of possibly an Italian bread. A much better alternative to the small, thin toast you get some places. An excellent breakfast which definitely will get me to return.

For lunch, they serve subs, Deli sandwiches, wraps, soups and salads. They have a good variety of hot and cold sandwiches, with a side of fries, potato salad or cole slaw. Sandwich prices are around $6-8. They also have some sides, including chicken fingers, onion rings, mozzarella sticks and boneless buffalo wings.

I had the Bacon Cheeseburger ($7.95) with home fries. I had wanted French fries but their fryolator was not working. I got an 8 oz. burger, on a grilled bun with a couple slices of cheese and two big slices of bacon. This was a very good burger with a tasty bun. I was pleased with my lunch. I am though interested to see what type of French fries they serve.

Service was good. This is certainly a promising new restaurant, especially for breakfast. I can see this place getting very busy on the weekends. Prices are reasonable, quantity is good and the quality is there as well.

Pignone’s Café
319 Main St.
Stoneham, MA
Phone: (781) 279-0131

Pignone's Cafe on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

could you please change your font color. This site is entirely illegible.