Thursday, December 6, 2007

Cinnamon Rolls

What is the ultimate comfort food? Well, for me it may just have to be my mother's cinnamon rolls. Who doesn't enjoy the incredible taste of cinnamon? As I have said before, no one makes these rolls better than mom. She has been making them for me since I was a child and I still savor them.

As I am likely to get some this weekend, I thought it was about time to post the recipe. But we warned, they won't be as good as my mom's though I am sure you will very much enjoy them.

Cinnamon Rolls

Ingredients:
2 1/3 cup of Bisquick
2/3 cup of water
Stick of butter
Cinnamon
Sugar

Mix together the Bisquick and water with a fork until it forms a dough. Then spread a flat surface with some Bisquick as you might with flour. Roll out the dough into a large square.

Spread a thin coat of melted butter over the spread-out dough. Then mix cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle it over the dough. Roll the dough like a jelly roll and then slice the roll into pieces about three to four inches wide.

Place the pieces on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minuutes, until brown.

Hint: Eat them while they are still hot. Enjoy!

2 comments:

farley said...

Thanks for sharing. Cinnamon rolls and honey buns are so my weakness. I'll have to try these soon.

Richard Auffrey said...

I hope you enjoy them and be sure to come back and tell me what you thought. Thanks.