Thursday, December 27, 2007

Waffles

Yesterday, I gave you a recipe for Chocolate Waffles, a delicious dessert. But what about regular waffles, that excellent breakfast treat? Let me remedy that now by providing my friend Lori's recipe for waffle batter. This is simply the best recipe I have found for waffle batter. And I am very picky about my waffles.

Ingredients

2 large eggs (separating the yolks from the whites)
2 cups of flour
1 3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

Mix the flour, milk, oil, baking powder, salt and egg yolks. Beat until smooth. In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and then add to the mixture.

Use the batter in a waffle iron as you would any other waffle batter. Makes about six 7" round waffles.

No comments: