Thursday, December 3, 2009

Morton's Uncorked for 2010

Starting in January, Morton’s will began another year of the Uncorked wine tasting events. Once a month, on the fourth Monday evening, from 6:30pm-8pm, you can attend a wine-themed Uncorked event. You will sample five wines paired with five hors d’oeuvres. Ruby Wines will present the wines, which is a change from last year when Martignetti Wines was involved. Each event costs $40, which includes tax and tip (a $10 increase over last year).

The calendar includes:

1/24 Northern Italians
2/22 Bordeaux
3/22 Point Noir
4/26 Champagne and Sparkling
5/24 Tuscany
6/24 Up and Coming (Southern Hemisphere/ New World)
7/27 Unoaked at Uncorked
8/30 You Tell Us
9/27 Rhone Valley
10/25 Napa Reds

Rerservations are required so please call 617-266-5858.

I attended an Uncorked event in August, and generally had a good time, except that the wine
presenter did a poor job. I know some of the people who work at Ruby Wines and I do think they would do a better job. I may check out one of the new Uncorked events, and if I do, my readers will be sure to hear about it.

Morton’s
699 Boylston Street
Boston, MA
Phone: 617-266-5858

No comments: