Monday, January 19, 2009

Zephyr on the Charles

I recently spent a couple nights at the Hyatt Regency in Cambridge and while dining at the bar within the Zephyr on the Charles, I had an excellent appetizer, home-made potato chips with blue cheese ($9). Though the dish usually comes with carmelized onions and scallions, I had them left off the dish. I wanted something simpler and I felt the onions would have distracted from the dish.

The chips were obviously home made, thin and nicely crisp. The crumbles of blue cheese were partially melted and added an interesting tang to the salty chips. The blue cheese was a milder form and did not overpower your taste buds. The chips and cheese paired very well together and did not need anything else. The plate had plenty of chips, though I would recommend asking for extra blue cheese. They did not charge me for the extra cheese.

I am not crazy about their wine list, too many of the usual, unexciting choices but they do have excellent taste in vodka. They carry two of my favorites, Stoli Elit and Chopin.

Zephyr on the Charles
575 Memorial Drive
Cambridge, MA
Phone: 617-441-6510

Zephyr on the Charles on Urbanspoon

No comments: